Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Default Skip the lines, its time to try RED

Hello Blue Friends,

I am from the RED server and currently leading the guild <Apex>. We are the only Red 99 guild that raids on a consistent basis and routinely clears most everything in Velious and Kunark. I know that R99 has a bad rap, and in an effort to help increase the population of R99, I’d like to bring some information to your attention because I believe that a lot of you would come over to play on R99 if you knew how the server really was. Yes, our population is struggling, but I’m hoping that some of you that play in the 3rd/4th tier guilds on Blue that are only allowed to raid the scraps of the top guilds will see the benefits of joining Red and think about making the transition. I’m certain this post will get trolled, but if you want to play EQ how it was supposed to be played, and are tired of the state of the blue’s lawyerquesting and raid rules, come give us a shot.

TLDR: R99 has no FTE races, lawyerquesting, raid suspensions, 100 person DKP queues for items.
TLDR: There are open mobs, free camps, small DKP lineups, set raid schedules, and people willing to help you get started

-XP Bonus:
50% bonus solo, 40% bonus for each group member; it does not take nearly as long to level a toon to 60, and grouping is encouraged.
-PvP Level Range: 4 Levels; you can only be attacked by characters that are +/- 4 levels of you.
-No item loot: only coin is able to be looted (use a bank)
-Lack of Population: With the current server pop around 100 during primetime the world is wide open. There are no waiting lists for camps, no click-fests for named pops, all of the dungeons are open and available. OOC is global.
-Raiding Scene: There are 2 main guilds on the server, Apex and Thunderdome. Apex has cleared everything in Velious except AOW/Tunare (due to low numbers), and Thunderdome mainly raids HOT and Kunark. Both guilds are always recruiting and welcoming to new players. There is no variance, mobs are all on static respawn timers, eg. if a mob has a 7 day respawn timer, it will respawn in 7 days. There is no FTE or lawyerquesting, in fact raid mobs routinely stay up after they’ve spawned. In Apex with raid numbers being so low (avg 30-40) it doesn't take long at all to fully deck out a toon in full HOT/TOV gear. We have multiple characters with 4+ Dozekar / Vulak loots because we raid with such low numbers. We have had recruits come over from blue and receive full TOV gear and an ST Key within 1-2 months of raiding with us. We have set raid times! We raid 4 nights per week, between 8 PM EST – 12 AM EST.
-Being able to play 2 Servers at once: If you’re skeptical about rolling on R99, you can give it a try while you’re afking in the EC Tunnel. It’s completely legal to do and would provide you with a quick glimpse into the R99 server. You can level up a toon while you’re waiting to FTE a raid mob, or waiting for your guild’s batphone, or tracking
-People: Overall the server has relatively good people who are willing to help out new players with gear, buffs, ports, etc. Of course there are a few toxic players (every MMO has them), but for the most part the people that play on R99 are all good dudes.
-PvP: Rarely happens. it is not a constant chaos. Most of the griefers are gone. There are guilds and there is order. Yes, EQ was never designed or balanced for PvP and PvE was always the main focus of the game, but EQ PvP is a lot of fun, and really, the only chance you’re going to get at using all of your shiny pixels that you spent hours raiding to obtain. Raiding is fun, but there is something to be said about a 30 minute 15v15 PvP fight that spans multiple zones and characters.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Kobold

will buff and pl any new player groups on my 60 shaman, pst ungertoe/shody in game
Old 01-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Can easily power level a group to 20 in hour or 2 in CB or Kurns with a druid
Old 01-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Lol tune begging for blue players. How many have you griefed off?

Free bump

Boli 60 Cleric blue <Hispartans> epiced
Olob 60 Warrior blue <Hispartans>
Grimbank EC mule blue <Hispartans>
Old 01-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol tune begging for blue players. How many have you griefed off?

Free bump
Don't know how this is begging. Ive seen you die to a 57 mage as a bard in South Karana in about 2014 and have not seen you log in since. You've been out of the game for awhile.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Velious PVP stinks hard. WTB classic red.

Also can't read the link at the end of jpeg sig.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't know how this is begging. Ive seen you die to a 57 mage as a bard in South Karana in about 2014 and have not seen you log in since. You've been out of the game for awhile.
Last time I played was pretty sure in 2016. I let it go though. Moved on and quit like a champ.
Who are you again?

Viva la resistencia! Viva my domingueros pals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Boli 60 Cleric blue <Hispartans> epiced
Olob 60 Warrior blue <Hispartans>
Grimbank EC mule blue <Hispartans>
Old 01-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

They should wipe red and create a new server where max level is 39..... -grins-
Old 01-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Aviak

if u got balls, come red
Old 01-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Banned

Wipe it , what's the point