Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Default Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity with Illusion?

I've scoured the forums and asked several people in game and can't really get a conclusive answer.. anyone know if illusions like wolf or Skelly or bear affects the Frontal Stun Immunity ogre racial?
Old 08-04-2020, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

I believe that bear from removes the frontal stun immunity. not sure about other illusions, but I would suspect they do as well.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgFcImQ9XU

Bear form does not remove frontal stun immunity, but it does disable Slam. Not sure about Skele illusion, never owned an AoN.

EDIT: This video isn't some kind of weird RNG exception either, I have easily fought Hechaeva 20+ times in bear form without getting stunned while facing her.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-04-2020 at 12:26 PM..
Old 08-04-2020, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Is this why Enchanters use ogre illusion? for frontal stun immunity? Never played an enchanter, myself, so I don't get how the forms help except that gnome illusion lets you wall-look and troll illusion gives you an extra 1 hp/tick.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bear form does not remove frontal stun immunity, but it does disable Slam. Not sure about Skele illusion, never owned an AoN.

EDIT: This video isn't some kind of weird RNG exception either, I have easily fought Hechaeva 20+ times in bear form without getting stunned while facing her.
Nice, video evidence too. I suspect the illusions should work the same.. not sure why one would remove and another wouldn't .
Old 08-04-2020, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this why Enchanters use ogre illusion? for frontal stun immunity? Never played an enchanter, myself, so I don't get how the forms help except that gnome illusion lets you wall-look and troll illusion gives you an extra 1 hp/tick.
I do not believe Ogre Illusion gives you FSI. The wiki page doesn't say so either. I can try it on my Enchanter later to confirm. Usually Enchanters use Troll Illusion for the +1 HP/Tick.

EDIT: The main reasons why you use illusions that do not give you stat buffs is for fashion, shrink, night vision, or for adjusting faction. If you are in Oggok (Ogre City), you should use Ogre form so you get a boost to your ogre faction. That plus the Alliance line of spells should give you a nice increase to your faction.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-04-2020 at 12:49 PM..
Old 08-04-2020, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice, video evidence too. I suspect the illusions should work the same.. not sure why one would remove and another wouldn't .
Yeah I agree, I do not believe any illusions affect FSI. Usually they just affect slam.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-04-2020 at 12:50 PM..
Old 08-04-2020, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

I stand corrected. I was def thinking of slam, not FSI.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I believe DE illusion on an Ogre retains FSI, so I would expect that skeleton Illusion does as well. Could test with either an AoN or shroud of undeath spell.

EDIT: Just asked an ogre SK, skeleton illusion does not retain FSI.
Last edited by Crede; 08-04-2020 at 03:21 PM..
Old 08-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe DE illusion on an Ogre retains FSI, so I would expect that skeleton Illusion does as well. Could test with either an AoN or shroud of undeath spell.

EDIT: Just asked an ogre SK, skeleton illusion does not retain FSI.
Ah, that is good to know! I've only tested this with Bear Form, and I can confirm FSI still works in Bear Form. You only lose Slam. This is probably because Bear Form is exclusive to Shamans anyway, so the developers anticipated the exception.

I've never owned an AoN, and thus I've only been in Skeleton Form a handful of times on my Shaman. My Shadowknight is a Troll, so I can't test it there. I don't have a guise either, so I have no idea about the Dark Elf Illusion.