Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Two people mentioned that necromancer could be pulling. I don't see that unless this is an undead zone... Or are you suggesting Feign death pulling?
Old 05-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Necros, while not very survivable, have alot of tools for pulling. Feign death, insta click circlet of shadows, IVU, rest the dead, root, charm etc
Old 05-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voland [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two people mentioned that necromancer could be pulling. I don't see that unless this is an undead zone... Or are you suggesting Feign death pulling?
Any class can pull really...there's lazy monks/bards/rangers out there that WILL sit on their ass and alt-tab if you let them. Personally if I'm leading a group and the puller isn't pulling his weight (frequent afks etc) I say something.

Necros can do it sure... but really most groups will have a monk (plenty of them around), bard or ranger to pull - or the tank/rogue, failing that. Everyone else needs to med ideally.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Skeleton

So I was thinking about trying a bard, but the song and instrument thing is really confusing. Can someone give me some pointers on being a noob bard?
Old 05-12-2015, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Instruments only enhance what you were already singing. If you're fighting crocs in Oasis in a group, keep your weapons on and be hitting things, just twist songs without the instruments.

Fight is over, people took a few hits... if you put your lute/mandolin (string instrument) on you'll notice people's health restores a bit faster.

Same applies to your movement speed song (Selo's), you'll start seeing yourself move faster and faster as you level with the drum in your hands.

Good bards twist 3 songs.

Bad bards afk a lot with healing song on thinking that's cool/helpful. Don't be a bad bard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good bards twist 3 songs.

Bad bards afk a lot with healing song on thinking that's cool/helpful. Don't be a bad bard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly there are more bad Bards than good ones. But, it is a HARD class to play. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Skeleton

Swish, I'm sorry but what do you mean by twist songs?
Old 05-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, twisting is playing multiple songs at once.... when your song starts it begins a countdown before it needs refreshing. If you don't refresh it it'll fade out.

In essence, as soon as you see the buff icon for the first song appear, start up on a second one, and again on a third one once that appears... after the 3rd one appears it's time to go back to casting the first song again before it fades.

Super pro bards can get a 4th song in but don't worry about that, 3 is plenty for leveling purposes.

Typically a heal song, a haste song and maybe a damage song early on when you have them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3.... and on and on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hence lazy bards like to afk with just healing song playing (if you don't cancel your song once it appears it'll keep playing until you do). A lot of groups don't like people who do that persistently so be an active bard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Skeleton

So I melee attack, hit my first song, before first one ends, hit the second one, and so on. Thanks for the info, it'll take some getting used to.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Agree on the necros. I think sadly a lot of necros think sending a pet in and casting a dot on a mob that's going to die in under 30 seconds is contributing...they need to be healing, charming an undead pet where available and feeding mana to the cleric when they're low [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not how you play a necro in a group setting, You should be lifetapping the entire time after snare sticks for DPS
Closed Thread