Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New to EQ

Hello everyone,

I'm a new player to Project1999 and EQ. I've been able to get the game running, but have come into an issue.
When I right click my mouse to change my characters direction it stops after about 90 degrees and I have to right click
again to be able to go another 90 degrees etc. Is this normal or is there a way I can fix this?

I plan on playing a Ranger and if they're anything like they were in EQOA, I'm expecting to lag behind other dps,
but I really enjoy the class and it's what made me enjoy EQOA so much. I've read that hybrids get a experience penalty
and that has me worried that people will avoid inviting me to groups, is this true? Finally in EQOA they had a few quests that you were able to do
(armor quests, epics, etc.) is there a wiki page that will help me to find quests when I obtain the level required?
Sorry for the long post and thanks for taking the time to read this!

-Shaozzt
Old 05-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm not too sure about the mouse thing?? It should work right the way you describe it.

Yeah Hybrids, Ranger included, have a 40% penalty and some, Troll, Iksar have even more added up to 28%. Ranger truthfully is not the most wanted class on here, but I think that will change a bit when Velious comes out. Their Tracking ability will be needed, and they will be able to solo better, and the Hybrid penalty will drop hopefully after a couple of months into it.

Wiki page www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Old 05-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

I love rangers :3 Play with confidence. People who don't invite rangers to groups often don't understand the experience formula.

Sounds like your issue with the mouse turning is your mouse is going outside of the border of your game instead of getting screen locked. Not sure how to fix it.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Rangers can fill in many holes in smaller groups and add a lot if you know how to play them. Rangers can be the only CC in groups (root is VERY undervalued in this community).

Figure out your playstyle and have fun! EQ is about taking your time and having fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Find some good people have have a good time!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Aviak

To fix the mouse thingy lower you frames per second to 40-60fps
Old 05-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Rangers are awesome. I have a lvl 45 ranger and she is so much fun.

I have no idea about the mouse issue =/

Here is a link to the wiki: http://wiki.project1999.com/

Webrunner for some reason linked the starting zone forum that you posted in. But as he will say, he is old and you will have to forgive him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks everyone for the replies. After 8 hours and only 3 levels
I decided to try out Warrior. I also enjoyed tanking and main tanking
so figured this would be the next logical step in finding my niche in EQ.
As for the mouse situation Scryll, I went to 40fps and it only did about a 180.
So I dropped it down to 25 and I can do a 360, but it still stops after awhile.
Should I be able to turn indeffinitley with my mouse or is it suppose to stop eventually?
I'm on Mac and playing full size windowed.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers are awesome. I have a lvl 45 ranger and she is so much fun.

I have no idea about the mouse issue =/

Here is a link to the wiki: http://wiki.project1999.com/

Webrunner for some reason linked the starting zone forum that you posted in. But as he will say, he is old and you will have to forgive him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duh, you are right. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Must have been a Senior Moment. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Seem to be getting more of them lately. Too much EQ I guess, or beer, or, or I forgot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] What were we talking about. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Windowed Might be your problem. Takes a lot more horsepower to do that graphics card wise, ='s frames per sec. ??

I never play in Windowed just because it is so easy to change to other pages on the web etc. not windowed for me.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi all, I also have problem for mouse look, I can do vertical look freely but when I try horizontally it only do 45' left or right, any idea what is the problem ?

Now I can only assign button for "turn left" and "turn right"
Closed Thread