Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Aviak

Oh well, troll didn't last long...killing quickly was fun but I hated Innothule Swamp after a few levels only! Made my way to East Commonlands only dying once, got a bind at Freeport. Got a feeling of my future in dungeons as a big race in the tunnels/doorways and also having a hard time not clicking myself instead of mobs.

After getting killed a couple of times trying to do orc pawn picks (faction was not good enough yet) I switched to my dark elf sk and her low str and encumbrance problems to relax from the deaths and kill a few bears and shadow wolves. Then realized I could live with low str more then my big race problems lol. Also realized how much I love beautiful Neriak and the teir'dal lore. Since I am not a min/maxer my old love from live of dark elves won over feeling powerful.

So back to my blueberry butt!
Old 04-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

You did the right thing! Blueberry butts are where the heart is.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:27 AM
Orc

Talking History in the making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You did the right thing! Blueberry butts are where the heart is.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And this quote will now be passed down from generation to generation...
Old 04-17-2017, 12:34 PM
Orc

I soloed a warrior to 48 with twinked items. You will need a lot of bandages and you have to pick very low blues eventually. I have Jboots and I have dps weapons. I also have a lot of clickies that increase attack, hps, AC, etc.

In classic, it wasn't really considered soloing if you were twinked, I don't think, but attitudes have changed a lot.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, it wasn't really considered soloing if you were twinked, I don't think, but attitudes have changed a lot.
You are talking about twinkage but I'm not. I'm reconsidering going full like release though because everyone around me is selling bone chips and HQ bear skins to get pp to buy gear. My challenge ight be possible in a dedicated group of friends that I don't have lol. Or like others said with a less gear dependent class like necro (my class in Live).

That said someone gave me a 2h piercer last night and some pp, it's non magical but might serve me well. Was no able to bring myself to refuse the offer to help. oh well, lets play like everyone else, I might make friends to group with since I have more time on my hands nowadays.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Kobold

I know this isn't directly related since we were duoing + grouping with people, but me and my brother essentially played like this, only using gear we looted/quested/made ourselves. He took a lot of screenshots and made a thread of his/our progress http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254758

Thought it might serve a some inspiration. Its definitely viable. He kinda summed up in that post what makes it so much more rewarding to play like this
Old 04-17-2017, 04:55 PM
Kobold

The economy has always been a part of the game. Would you feel the same if bone chips sold for 1pp a stack?

The economy on p99 will let you gear out to where you should be at 20 by the time you're ten or twelve. But it levels off as well. Once you're in that banded or bronze you're going to have a choice: stop levelling to farm bone chips, etc to get more gear, or keep levelling with the gear you have.

It's viable to get enough bone chips while levelling to trade for low level armor and gear. 300pp for one earring or 2k for an offhand is not something you can get by farming bone chips and HQ bear pelts, and still level.

I hunted in heavy bone chips and bear areas; Qeynos, Freeport and Halas. I made about 200-250 selling lowbie stuff. I am on the verge of 14 now, it is time to move on.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Move on to Unrest. Get more bone chips and zombie skins, too.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Aviak

Since I'm only level 9 I still hang out in Nektulos at the ultricle/monolith with the zombies near EC. Between clearing the camp I kill the bears and wolves for the skins for leather padding (dunno yet if there is a market for them though) and the elusive HQ bear skin. Guard N'Lan is a jerk that kills half the bears though...The meat makes nice steaks too. I will move to the orc camps at level 10 or just kill scarabs in North Ro.

So far got 2 skins and was able to buy a Nathsar Greatsword

My next move are hp rings but need to save for those!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Najena is pretty good for bone chips from around 10ish if I remember correctly. Practically on the doorstep of Neriak really. You can level there till your thirties if you were so inclined.
Closed Thread