Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Orc

Default Guard Bribbely

Is Guard Bribbely supposed to exist in this era? A quick scan of Allakhazam shows him not existing.

http://web.archive.org/web/200111010...h.shtml?zone=1

The quest he is involved with seems to be a Ykesha quest. Looks to me he was added during that era just for that quest.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=2460

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Bribbely
Old 05-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Project Manager

He doesn't currently spawn.

Are you saying that he should?
Old 05-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

I'm guessing he is saying it doesn't spawn, then why is it on the wiki? At least that's what I've gathered reading his post.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:27 PM
Orc

I do not actually play here. I was looking at the wiki, it showed him listed. If he is spawning I would think he should not be from the history listed on the old Alla page.

Do you guys have anything that queries the database directly to show what actually do/does not spawn in game?
Old 05-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Project Manager

If that is the case, for anyone reading this:

Developers do not read, edit, or care about the wiki. Discrepancies experienced between the wiki and the game should not be bug reported.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not actually play here. I was looking at the wiki, it showed him listed. If he is spawning I would think he should not be from the history listed on the old Alla page.

Do you guys have anything that queries the database directly to show what actually do/does not spawn in game?
Yea don't bug report things based on the wiki. It was a smash grab from several sources that includes tons of non-classic things.

The devs don't read or maintain the wiki at all. It's completely player supported.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:33 PM
Orc

That is fine, was just trying to help you guys out.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Snoop I think your intention was clearly good, you just weren't familiar with the split between in-game bugs and wiki issues. For wiki issues there's no need to post here: just use your forum account to edit the wiki yourself and fix whatever's wrong (ie. delete Guard Bribbely's page).

If you're not comfortable editing a wiki just PM me and I'll be happy to make the change for you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that is the case, for anyone reading this:

Developers do not read, edit, or care about the wiki. Discrepancies experienced between the wiki and the game should not be bug reported.
Gyno is "in charge" of the Velious wiki

feel free to shit on his door step and get off St. Nilberg's back

edit: which one of ya'all did this, unforgivable
Closed Thread