Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 05:34 PM
Large Rat

Brillance does not stack with the charisma buff as announced
Old 01-19-2020, 05:39 PM
Large Bat

so I'm kiting a HG in rathe and we just get a message that there was a problem with the merge. Boom disconnected. I will absolutely log back in dead AF, post hell lvl 36 so will lose an entire orange. I have so many questions, like: 1) could you not have given us 60 seconds heads up before DC and 2) why in gods name are green and teal merged? The whole reason they launched teal was concern for lack of raid targets in classic. We are 9 months from kunark, no planes yet, RIP lists only account sharers will get those items now, enjoy camping single static spawn HGs, high ZEM zones will be unusable. I realize admins know things we don't but I don't see a compelling case for the merge right now.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsorenson72 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody has answered this question.. Do people really think 1 server can handle 1.5k people on classic (no planes even yet) without serious congestion (thus fighting over spawns/camps)? The 2 servers at 600+ had issues with overcrowding at times, workable but still crowded. There is just no way 1 server can handle this many people IMHO especially late levels. There is just not room to spread out. This makes no sense logistically that I can see. I'd be curious for Rogean to at least explain the thinking, we might not agree, but at least might have better understanding.
Blue use to thrive in its prime with a high pop. I think it will be a bit congested yes but I also think there is a reason they've decided to take this action. people actually think its malicious which is hilarious, but in all honesty there was only a second server created because of how congested lvl 1-20 was on opening day of Green. they also said there would be a merge eventually, I was thinking Kunark would when the merge happens but like I said I think they did this for a reason, they've been running these servers for over 10 years as you can see my account dates to 2010. they know what they are doing, but who knows things could change at any time, they could decide tomorrow it was a bad idea to merge, guess we will find out. either way Im still going to play and support and spread the word of p99 XD cheers!
Old 01-19-2020, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what happens if characters from Green or Teal are missing if they were on the same account?
im sure there will be a work around for you to be able to transfer what characters you want merged but I dont know for sure, I was wondering the same thing. guess we will find out hehe
Old 01-19-2020, 05:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is no longer a server congestion problem but a player made problem, its not the devs fault if players want to crowd into the same zone for xp and loot, eq1 was never designed for that type of behavior from the start because players in 1999 didnt have the knowledge that they have today

eq1 had multiple servers with 1k+ players and none complained about "overpop"
Classic had a muuuuuch different level distribution on those servers at this time period. Now we have people who know the game inside and out, so the low->mid level experience is much different than it was on live (which was incredibly congested).

Comparing numbers on p1999 to Live is just kinda dumb, it's a different game now than it was then.
Kobold

Now I get my Teal family back~
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue use to thrive in its prime with a high pop.
At what stage in the game, though? There just isn't enough content yet to support the numbers we're now facing.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:44 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverHawk1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what ever they did , I cant get on blue. It says I need to replace spells_us.txt(731221104) with the correct versions. I have updated (with virus protection off ) and still the the same screen at char. select screen.
there is a link ( Click this link for more information ) but it takes me to a screen that says: You do not have permission to view this page.
Reinstall the update. I had the same issue
Old 01-19-2020, 05:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue use to thrive in its prime with a high pop. I think it will be a bit congested yes but I also think there is a reason they've decided to take this action. people actually think its malicious which is hilarious, but in all honesty there was only a second server created because of how congested lvl 1-20 was on opening day of Green. they also said there would be a merge eventually, I was thinking Kunark would when the merge happens but like I said I think they did this for a reason, they've been running these servers for over 10 years as you can see my account dates to 2010. they know what they are doing, but who knows things could change at any time, they could decide tomorrow it was a bad idea to merge, guess we will find out. either way Im still going to play and support and spread the word of p99 XD cheers!
I will still play as well, and I do appreciate all the hard work they do. It's just this doesn't make a lot of sense. They created Teal to relieve congestion. Now they have just moved congestion from 1-20 to 40-50. Kunark merge would have made more sense when player base would have had MUCH more room to spread out.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so I'm kiting a HG in rathe and we just get a message that there was a problem with the merge. Boom disconnected. I will absolutely log back in dead AF, post hell lvl 36 so will lose an entire orange. I have so many questions, like: 1) could you not have given us 60 seconds heads up before DC and 2) why in gods name are green and teal merged? The whole reason they launched teal was concern for lack of raid targets in classic. We are 9 months from kunark, no planes yet, RIP lists only account sharers will get those items now, enjoy camping single static spawn HGs, high ZEM zones will be unusable. I realize admins know things we don't but I don't see a compelling case for the merge right now.
they made a second server because of how congested lvl 1-20 was on opening day of Green having people play that have never even played EQ before which is awesome! and also told us that there was going to be a eventual merge back to 1 server. and about the HG death that does suck bro, ive been there haha. maybe see if you can find a nice cleric? hope you dont log back in dead! and GL with leveling! Cheers.