Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Default Rapid Roll Calling!

So. Taking this out of rant and flames, because i want serious views on this, and my idea to not be derailed with other events of that thread.

Want a REAL suggestion. Let any guild call a roll call at ANY given point in the cycle to another guilds raid force. This roll call may only happen once every 2 hours, and is to be timestamped each time. If the guild who loses that roll call wishes to continue to try and camp the mob, they have to wait 1 hour to re-roll call the first guild.

24 ACTIVE People to call roll call. 24 ACTIVE to respond. 60 second window. Why 24 people? 4 groups should be enough to kill any target, having less could produce problems for certain fights. Rather then have different rules for different zones, make it all the maximum.

Doing so will enable ANY raid guild to walk in any zone, call for roll, and have the ability to sweep the camp away from them. It will discourage camping for long periods of time, because who wants to have 24 active people on all the time? Right now i bet everytime a mob spawns at 2-7 in the morning; less then 8 people are online at that time. Batphones, Twitters (lulz) whatever is the method to summoning a raid force is what gets everyones attention.

Now. If these rules are broken I think there needs to be a harsh punishment. Not a ban - that's too easy. If IB took a mob when it was not won by them via rollcall - then IB is out of any raid target for an entire week.

Take it as you will, but i think this is a solid system and i would like to thank Kira (Wrei) for bringing it up.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

In all seriousness, one of the better options I've seen.

I'd like to see this continue constructively, so Aeolwind doesn't have to lock the thread and move it to R&F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 07-26-2010 at 01:41 PM..
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Not that I really have much input on this, but we (IB) dropped draco with 9 players a few months ago - now you want it to require 24 in zone just to claim him?
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

surface level sounds pretty good. i feel like it incorporates FFA elements into a manageable rulebook setting.

So what you're saying is - (?)

zone A has boss X

guild B has a camped toon and sees X spawn, batphones go off.

guild B is mobilizing, but has LESS THAN 24 people in A when guild C arrives with 24.

rolecall is done, B cannot provide 24 attendees, C is now entitled to X

correct?
Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Banned

The number, 24 in this case, would also see a slightly lesser chance of guilds claiming 2 targets at once, particularly if they plan to remain active. Having 48 people on at all times seems very unlikely to me.

I think being out of a raid target for a week isn't a sufficient enough of a deterrent. I'd propose a 2 week ban on all raid targets and a ban for the officer(s) in charge of the raid who's proven to be at fault for a period of a few days.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atennu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want a REAL suggestion. Let any guild call a roll call at ANY given point in the cycle to another guilds raid force. This roll call may only happen once every 2 hours, and is to be timestamped each time. If the guild who loses that roll call wishes to continue to try and camp the mob, they have to wait 1 hour to re-roll call the first guild.
^^^^^
I agree with this part right here!

If you don't have 15 at their computer 1 minute after role call then you get bumped to the back of the line. Regardless of whether or not the boss is up.

The reason why people claim they aren't burning out is because apparently they just go afk and don't play for days on end. If that's true than they have absolutely no rights to the target.

If you want the target, stay active. Nobody should be getting rewarded for watching TV all day/night long while their character sits motionless for hours or even days on end doing nothing.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
surface level sounds pretty good. i feel like it incorporates FFA elements into a manageable rulebook setting.

So what you're saying is - (?)

zone A has boss X

guild B has a camped toon and sees X spawn, batphones go off.

guild B is mobilizing, but has LESS THAN 24 people in A when guild C arrives with 24.

rolecall is done, B cannot provide 24 attendees, C is now entitled to X

correct?
Sort of. If Guild B has camped a mob uncontested when mob X spawns, then they have the claim on mob until guild C posts 30 min warning. Only if Guild C is in the same zone with Guild B when mob X spawns could they take the camp away from guild B.

----

The number required to sweep a mob away should be altered for what mob it is. Gods/dragons should be 24. Minis should be 15.
Last edited by Atennu; 07-26-2010 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: `
Old 07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Draconian and hard set with rules that aren't even applicable to the majority of the raid targets.

As stated, 24 is way too many and in my eyes would only promote even more inflated guild populations.

How are you going to prove an officer is in charge of the raid? Why does an officer have to be leading the raid? Why do you have to stop a set of raid leaders/officers as well as limit the rest of the group?

If you're not roll calling every 2 hours then you're missing on more opportunities to "sweep" camps out from others. There is a strategic element to it, of course, but it can easily be predicted and mitigated.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Banned

Then it can be done at random. With complete spontaneity it should force guilds to stay at their PC and remain active with a predetermined number, whatever that number is.

In hindsight I do agree about 24 being too high, even though it would deter from multiple target claims. I think certain targets can be easily downed with fewer numbers, such as inny/maestro/draco and even naggy.

To deter guilds from incessantly calling timers we can make it so each raid force may shout 4-5 timers per hour in a particular zone. These can be done at random intervals and can be spaced at however the guilds like.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all seriousness, one of the better options I've seen.

I'd like to see this continue constructively, so Aeolwind doesn't have to lock the thread and move it to R&F.
That would attain new levels of awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Closed Thread