Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Kobold

Default Velious the kiss of death for pvp

So I was initially excited about velious having hopped back on the forums from a forumquest hiatus. Further investigation makes me less optimistic. It is abundantly clear that red has gone from a pvp server on launch to a personal pve server/rmt scheme during Nizzar's reign, to a blue server overflow raid server that currently exists. The poopsocking on blue has gotten so bad that red is a pretty large attraction and much less of a joke server that it used to be.

From a pve standpoint velious will offer raiders all the content they can stand, with years of 5 day a week raid schedules. The arms race of buildup will begin on day one with clean sweeps of velious mobs. Only problem is this arms race is on a 1 guild server with likely no serious pvp competition.

I have talked with many of the old school pvp players and few plan to play with even fewer willing to raid in velious.

I assume we can expect more blue players to migrate in the future as blue poopsocking intensifies, and people that actually enjoy pvp being unwilling to put in the recruiting and raiding needed to actually compete with the raid zerg that will steamroll everything with double to tripple the numbers the content was designed for.

Someone tell me I'm wrong, because I really hope that pvp brawls will happen on a scale that would make the server exciting, but I doubt there is enough people left on the server to contest the 125-200 man zerg that is going to happen on day one.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Someone tell me I'm wrong
Could go either way.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Lime,

You are on the ball here. PvP on this server will basically be 1-2 groups with faction looking to mess with raids with a 1 guild server running the shop.

You may get a #2 guild if players don't keep flooding to the #1 guild, but either way we have already seen the end of mass pvp on R99 in the past 6 months.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Zones will be even more empty than they are now, pvp on the scale you wish for won't happen, bc it isn't even happening now despite some nerds doing the same boring content for years and years now.

Its been proven here that zerging is the easiest and best way to dominate the raid scene, and it will only intensify when winter comes.

Alliances will need to be formed to challenge the zerg, but with each passing week those challenging guilds will lose members to holo as ppl get bored of not being able to have a chance against them.

You're looking at a ~300 max at any time population, with a large zerg and a bunch of people that only want to shit on each other nonstop and mostly avoid pvp. This server is pretty boring and not really worth investing time into, unless you wanna join holo to look at some raid content with 3x the numbers needed for it.

Its fun to join a guild like foh and just do whatever and not worry about the shitfest that is the majority of this server.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:10 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

shalom
Old 03-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

pvp already dead.

welcome to blue99-2.0
Old 03-16-2015, 06:23 PM
Aviak

To be honest, Tantors Tusk is the death of pvp... or rather... that melee will be able to roll any caster. Casters will be rolled even harder than they were before.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

there's very little pvp culture on this server

it's basically a server for blue players who want to be a "big fish in a small pond" at this point
Last edited by Ezalor; 03-16-2015 at 06:31 PM..
Old 03-16-2015, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Agree with OP, but the blame lies on the ineptitude of the competition here who would rather fight amongst themselves than the enemy.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gratz on all dat loot dawg it clearly improved your pvp game

http://r99pvp.com/showplayer.php?p=Dongshow

You are living proof that you can't even buy PvP skills.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

see the aons?
Closed Thread