Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 03-02-2015, 06:18 AM
Banned

Default Current(3/1) Beta Patch Resist Feedback

as a preface, the resist debuff bonus was removed, so tashanian is now doing -39 MR, malo does -45 MR/PR/FR/CR, malosini -60 MR/PR/FR/CR, etc.

THANK GOD

anyway, fucked around testing some stuff and here are my thoughts:

rogue poisons:

near-immunity threshold for muscle lock IV seems to be 90 PR. seems pretty good. with DMF basically everyone will be immune to retarded rogue snare poison rape. didn't get a chance to test blind poisons, though.

malosini:

near-immunity theshold for malosini seems to be 130 MR. resisted 16 out of 17 casts at 132 MR. a good change in the right direction, but malosini needs to be nerfed to where it doesn't land above like.. 75 MR, otherwise shaman/enchanter duo is still going to be insane even against very well geared players. make people cast Malo instead.

blind:

near-immunity threshold for blinding luminance seems to be 80 MR. should honestly be even lower, like 30 or 50 MR. blind should never be happening except against naked characters. it's a really retarded spell line.

root:

near-immunity threshold for fetter seems to be 100 MR. good change in the right direction from the previous 125(?), but it should be lower, like 80 or 90 at most. didn't test other, lower level roots.

shock of lightning and chaotic feedback:

landed 3 out of 10 chaotic feedbacks on a target with 151 MR, then tashed them, brought them to 112 MR, and like 30 chaotic feedbacks in a row landed. had similar results with shock of lightning. awesome change. maybe raise the near-immunity threshold even higher; i felt they should have been landing more than ~20-30% of the time at 151 MR. making spells like these land go a long way in helping out casters. didn't get a chance to test the other spells that fall in this category, like poison bolt, furor, brusco's bombastic bellow, etc. but i assume they work similarly. cool shit overall.

bard chants:

these are still unresistable. had 159 FR, tuyen's chant of flame landed like 10 out of 10 times. i was making sure to let the DoT completely fade as not to skew the results due to the -FR modifier that it has on it. these probably shouldn't be landing at anything above like.. 100 of their respective resist. this includes tuyen's chant of flame, tuyen's chant of frost, fufil's curtailing chant, and angstlich's assonance.

melee channeling:

seems to be fixed. pras.

poison/disease DoTs:

landed 9 out of 9 bane of nifes at 154 PR. needs to resist pretty much every single time at that point. shouldn't be landing above like 90 or 100 PR imo.

would like to know what else was patched in tho
Last edited by Colgate; 03-02-2015 at 06:29 AM..
Old 03-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Developer

I did not mess with chants yet.

Poison/Disease dots also need work.

H
Old 03-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

good write up, very excited to see this go live on our server, i can't stand this blind pvp bullshit

pras staff for doing the dirty work
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Bards will be pretty useless without unresistable chants since dirge and bard stuns got taken out of the game
I agree with everything else Colgate said, keep up the good work
Last edited by Ragnaros; 03-02-2015 at 10:26 AM..
Old 03-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Banned

great work cgate
Old 03-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

The 1.5x resist debuff mod needs to go live with velious, even though it was originally 5 months in.
Quote:
Resist-debuffs will do 1.5 times their normal value for PvP encounters. In other words, if the spell did -60MR in PvP before, it does -90MR in PvP now. PvE (combat versus NPCs) remains unaffected.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010531.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i felt they should have been landing more than ~20-30% of the time at 151 MR. making spells like these land go a long way in helping out casters.
Chaotic feedback (can't speak for the others) should be landing like 98% of the time at that MR.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards will be pretty useless without unresistable chants since dirge and bard stuns got taken out of the game
I agree with everything else Colgate said, keep up the good work
Being able to cast golem wand/pumice while running not so useless imo.

Actually applying resist songs and ranging spells without running too far is something a lot of bards are lacking here.

I agree with many bards here will have trouble coping without unresistable dots, but that's the player not the class.

Blind shouldn't even hit on 50mr+ targets =). It's not just the problem of it landing on higher MRs, its also a very quick, low mana spell to spam.

Bane/EBolt should be 120 resist range and pretty easy 90+. 160 or w/e just way too high of a requirement for something fast that can be blocked with envenomed breath.

Shamans will still be pretty godly with torpor + disease stacking + keeping pet on top of someone. Bashes that stun are murder.

~80 for rogue poison is good. It's just a snare that has the added advantage of being poison based. Malo + rogue poison should be fine synergy but a bit too stronk atm.

I'll click around on beta asap.

Most of all, thank you Haynar, you definitely didn't have to do any of this and we really needed it.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Developer

I havent done much lately. Still some spell lines needing work. Will try to do one more set of spell tweaks before velious. Trying to stay away from major code changes til release. Just doing cleanup.

H
Old 03-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Banned

pure tone with unresistable bard dots.. =)
Old 03-02-2015, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Hit box?
Z axis?

2hb bonus for velious?