Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Banned

Paladins is the only right answer to this choice.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildheart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone. Could you please tell me what is the most useful class in the game? I've never played it; just want to be helpful and find some friends.
Enchanter is the most powerful class on P99...by a lot. Shamans after they reach level 60 and spend 500k in plat are pretty good, but a naked enchanter can out DPS and out CC any other class in the game due to Mez and Charm. Plus they have Clarity, Slow, and Haste. Basically OP in every way.

Every group needs a Tank, Healer, DPS, and arguably an enchanter (nothing really replaces enchanter) - so if you pick one of those you should be able to find a group. Melee DPS is preferred over spell DPS cause most groups like to slaughter mobs at light speed and not wait for meditation.
Last edited by NecroP99; 10-05-2017 at 11:22 AM..
Old 10-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perissh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tank, Healer, DPS, Enchanter...

You do know that covers every class, right?
Where do bards fit in that equation.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

bards are basically the best at every single roll in the game. they can solo levelup lightning fast, so fast in fact there are a bunch of rules against it to prevent 3 bards from killing all the leveling npcs in the world.

bards can serve as enchanters basically though in dungeon parties, although this role falls apart a bit in like 2002/2003 this server is never going to get there.

the main problem is no one, or hardly anyone, wants to play a bard well, because it will damage your real life body. so instead you play an enchanter, they're the best at CC and they can level up almost as fast as bards, etc.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the main problem is no one, or hardly anyone, wants to play a bard well, because it will damage your real life body. so instead you play an enchanter, they're the best at CC and they can level up almost as fast as bards, etc.
This is actually quite accurate. I leveled a bard to 54 on Red and developed issues with my left wrist from tapping W and D for swarm kiting. It's either that's, or constantly tapping keys to twist songs. Bards are no doubt the most powerful class but they take a certain level of dedication to fully utilize.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Strongest solo farming classes:
1) Enchanter
2) Shaman (Expensive to be effective)
3) Necromancer

Strongest raid classes:
1) Cleric
2) Monk
3) Warrior (tank)
4) Mage (CoTH)

The rest of the classes out there have some utility that makes them the best at less productive skills:

Best Powerlevelers:
1) Bard
2) Druid
3) Shaman (DS Pots)
4) Monk
5) Necromancer

Honorable Mentions:
Best Trackers:
1) Bard
2) Ranger

Best DPS:
1) Rogue
2) Monk

Sneakiest Classes:
1) Rogue
Old 10-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

I think it's worth mentioning next to mage there that you won't actually be doing any raiding. you'll just be a ferry boat who rarely if ever even sees the raid target you're "helping" to take down.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's worth mentioning next to mage there that you won't actually be doing any raiding. you'll just be a ferry boat who rarely if ever even sees the raid target you're "helping" to take down.
This is true. Nevertheless, they are still an important and critical part of the raid force.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue definitely has to be part of the 'strongest raid classes' imo
Old 10-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue definitely has to be part of the 'strongest raid classes' imo
The reason why i dont consider a rogue a 'strongest raid class' is because their addition to the raid is easily substituted. Whereas, clerics; a tank; FD pullers; and COTHs are not as easily substituted as a rogue.

You take a rogue out of a raid, and the raid will progress just as easily... you take one of those other classes out and it makes it much more difficult.

P.S. I did give rogues an honorable mention as a strongest dps class toward the bottom.
Last edited by wwoneo; 10-07-2017 at 07:19 PM..
Closed Thread