Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Default Thinking of returning.

Haven't played for a couple of years but thinking about coming back. Wondering how the pop is these days, are you still able to find groups?

Also, what has me interested is the guild ALS. What turned me off last time was all the twinking and power leveling. Is that guild still active and recruiting? Would be very interested in a self found no pl guild.

Thanks much.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

The population is fine. People are even more twinked than last time you played probably, yeah, because gear keeps on dropping.

Thankfully for you though ALS is going strong, still recruiting, they're even doing some minor raids now! Now is a perfect time for you to return and join ALS. Make sure to go to their website, read their rules, etc, I forget the link offhand.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

Thanks much for the speedy reply. Will need to reinstall P99 and will check it out!
Old 10-21-2017, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

<ALS> seems to have more numbers everyday.
/who all Auld generates a "too long" list any time of the day.
I feel that this is a strong message people are ready for Green99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyhow, with or without <ALS>, you can play untwinked all you want buddy go for it aim for the stars!
Old 10-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<ALS> seems to have more numbers everyday.
/who all Auld generates a "too long" list any time of the day.
I feel that this is a strong message people are ready for Green99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyhow, with or without <ALS>, you can play untwinked all you want buddy go for it aim for the stars!

When you say Green99, are you referring to the recycle server they were talking about a couple of years ago? Is that still on the table? That would be so awesome!
Old 10-22-2017, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green99... That would be so awesome!
I agree. ^
Old 10-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Yes this is what I was talking about but no we don't have any further information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the current rumor/stance is that they are waiting for the code to be fully written and tested (by Blue99, which is jus a very long and elaborate "Beta"), which means release of the Chardok patch and then some. Also, and this is pure personnal speculation, I think they want to think through the issue of a new server being released with 1000 players instead of 50, aka perma poop socking of the legendary camps (manastone etc. you know them)... Because they is absolutely no solution that would remain "classic" but having people overfarming an item because they know it will be removed in a future patch is not classic either anyway, so it's a nice Catch 22 with no right answer.

Anyway, I think everyone and their mother is ready now ^^
Closed Thread