Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 01-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Banned

Default mage epic pet

shout be immune to charm + any type of banishment spells. also the pet should be harder to cc then it currently is
Old 01-23-2015, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyGlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shout be immune to charm + any type of banishment spells. also the pet should be harder to cc then it currently is
got prof?
Old 01-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Banned

No I had bards charm and kill epic mage pets in Velks all the time

Ssok (bard) was notorious for shutting down Vamprea like this on RZ

Now... it should definitely have higher magic resist than the other pets. A lot higher.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Banned

Get this pet fixed please . So I can get re-immersed
Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

nirgon is completely wrong, prove me otherwise
Old 02-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
should be faster and immune to movement debuffs
immune nope. resistant yes

but if mage pet is going to resist root, i want to be able to resist blind with 50 mr and be immune to root at 90mr as well, right now if i have 200 mr and get malosini i get blinded, which feels far from classic, blind wasn't even a thing on live
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

Charm poofing pets was a classic bug.

Banishment already has no effect on the epic pet.

Its movement speed is the same base speed as all other pets, but old anecdotes claim it was about as fast as jboots/runspeed3. This is probably something that remains unchanged on Live to this day and could be confirmed there.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Banned

Mmmm I'm with you that it was faster than the average bear, it surely was even without Velocity. It would be nipping at your heals with jboots up, enough so that if you didn't get a sufficient bead running away from it for a while it'd definitely lay into you on a shadowstep/yonder attempt before you got it off

I'd guestimate it should be as hard to root as a non-tashed/dispelled planar mob

While we're at it, pets wish Resist Magic cast on them on live were nearly unrootable or if they did get rooted, it broke within the first/2nd tick commonly, rest of durations uncommonly and RARELY IF EVER full duration.

The epic pet with a resist magic I'd wager would resist every single time.

Right now the difference is big enough between what's going on now vs how it worked previously that it hurts immersion tbh

As far as charm resists on it... shrug use the resist check on root vs charms and find something at least close from there

As I'm sure there is no "guide to winning as an epic mage in pvp" out there on the internet.. this is probs the best you'll get along with what Technique managed to find.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd guestimate it should be as hard to root as a non-tashed/dispelled planar mob
Which begs the question - how are NPC's and PETS treated with Resist system?

Are Pets considered PLAYERS for a resist check, or an NPC world mob? Or do pets get their own special values?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we're at it, pets wish Resist Magic cast on them on live were nearly unrootable or if they did get rooted, it broke within the first/2nd tick commonly, rest of durations uncommonly and RARELY IF EVER full duration.

The epic pet with a resist magic I'd wager would resist every single time.
Raid buffing pets, especially with resist magic (and fr cr etc) IS/WAS a strategy, especially with shamans. This goes back to above question, how are resist computed with pets? Increasing their resists should have value.

Quote:

As far as charm resists on it... shrug use the resist check on root vs charms and find something at least close from there
MY experience is that bards don't have resist when charming epic pet, almost like a rapture. Is this wrong? Any bards with comments?

Is bard charm reliable on non-pet NPCS?
Old 03-23-2015, 05:08 AM
Sarnak

First off no were does it say charming pets makes them poof in that thread. Second off thats the ROGUE forums. If this is the reason why my pet getting charmed by a 40 bard song that cost 50 mana poofs my pet I am ashamed to say I play this server.