Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 05:20 AM
Large Rat

Default Help with a corpse run...(Green)

So at level 6 I decided it was time to run from the frigid peaks of Halas to the bustling streets of Freeport. I made it to just outside High Pass before getting stomped by someone's highwayman train, and now I'm level 5 and concerned about my ability to retrieve all of my gear, bags, and money. Are there any folks willing to let me /friend them wo could help me get my corpse and get to Freeport? I'll gladly tip!

My Shaman's name is Eburk - please help!
Old 10-31-2019, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Which side of Highpass? East Karana or Kithicor?
Old 10-31-2019, 07:42 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which side of Highpass? East Karana or Kithicor?
Good question- East Karana
Old 10-31-2019, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good question- East Karana
I won't be on till around 5-5:30pm est, but I will gladly assist you if you are still in need by then. Until then, you would be better off asking in discord or in game for someone to assist.

Sorry....work.....gotta work.....gotta work so I can make money and pay for my internet and donate to this server.....
Old 11-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Orc

My level 9 shaman made the same attempt this morning and I got wrecked by the gnolls in Highpass. I returned and tried to kill a couple gnolls just to get closer to my corpse but I was forced to made a level 1 rogue to drag out the corpse. Now in your case you should be fine if you died in East Karana on the ramp, that should be pretty straight forward to retrieve unless you're unfamiliar with the area. If you don't have access to an invis in Highpass and the gnolls are all up and unmolested I'd recommend going the long way through South Karana like I did this morning. Oasis is the only zone you have to be worried about currently as the Sand Giants are numerous right now but really it's ok to run through as well.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:46 AM
Orc

I think I'll post a quickie guide to get from Halas to Freeport.
Everfrost: Don't make the trip at level 1 and have at least one rusty weapon and spare light source banked before leaving. You will need to be able to fight through some of the level 2 or 3 mobs like polar bear cubs. Click on every skelly you pass in-case it's a vengeful type. If it is you can often climb up on the walls to avoid them. You will be mainly taking the paths to the right but the first 3 rights are short dead ends. The first dead end has an igloo and 3 goblins, if you see them just turn around and make another right to the main pass. After you get past the first 3 dead ends on the right you will hit a big area with multiple igloos and goblins standing around plus some other trash mobs. They are easy to get past and keep heading South to the next area with another igloo and more mobs. That's a bit of a tight area and if you are level 1 or 2 you may have to fight a couple mobs like goblins or wolves to get past. The next 2 rights are dead ends so turn left. Now stick to the right and you will see a large wide ramp going up. This leads to the Blackburrow dungeon. At the top of the ramp will be 2 gnoll guards 2 more scrawny gnoll guards further down the passage. If your level 2 or 3 this might be a tough spot to get past and one strategy can be to wait for one of the passing barbarians at the bottom of the ramp to come close by and pull those first two gnoll guards to the barbarian for some help. You should be able to survive running past the two guards further down the passage or even take them on at level 3.

Blackburrow: Getting through the 4 gnoll guards and into BB then getting through BB is the chief stumbling block on this trip. Once you get past BB the rest of the trip is easy. In BB run down the passage going straight past the gnolls in the tunnel, don't dilly-dally by the rooms to the left and right as it's full of gnolls. Once you hit open air a big pit will be in front of you, turn left and skirt the edge of the pit past a couple wandering gnolls, you are aiming for the far wall that has a gnoll guard on the right and a gnoll pup on the left guarding the exit out. If you're level 3 or under you will need help from people hunting in BB and if no one is around you are probably out of luck and need to hang around for a bit. Even at level 4 this could be dicey.

Qeynos Hills: So you survived BB, well you're not free and clear yet. You'll be in the cavern at the front entrance to BB and you could get agro right away from a low level gnoll in the tunnel and there's still a couple or more gnolls standing guard at the front of the BB entrance. I would kill the mobs here unless you are like level 2 and gotten super lucky to make it this far. If you are that young then ask for a help from a level 5-7 type and ask them to occupy the gnolls attention at the front of BB for a minute. Once you leave the BB tunnel turn left and hug the zone wall until you hit a path through the zone wall, turn left towards West Karana.

West Karana: Now this is a cake walk but don't hang around too long by the Qeynos Hills zoneline as a werewolf does path near here at night. So, once your out in the open turn to the right and follow the zone wall until you hit the Barbarian village by the river. Turn to the left and head East following the river's edge right on the edge. Long but easy run to North Karana.

North Karana: Keep heading East along the edge of the river and turn right through the guard tower and cross the river.

South Karana: It's another big zone, if you have sow then just run South straight through the zone and turn right once you hit the South zone wall. If you don't have sow and you are a low level turn to the left and head East but not exactly along the edge of the zone by the river as you'll run into a group of raiders and then eventually some treants at the NE corner. Treants are fine if you good aligned but if your evil then they suck. Head South right on the edge of the zone until you hit the South zone wall, turn right and head West until you get to the middle of the zone, once you see the big elevated Aviak city on the right you'll be close to the zone exit on your left. It's between two hills.

Lake Rathe: This looks tough at first but in fact it's easy to get past the gnolls with out getting agro. Hug the zone wall to the right as you approach the gnolls and go UP as soon as you can and keep going up until you get to the top of hill. Go South down from the top of the hill and go for a swim. Turn to the left and swim East going along the coast but not too close so you don't agro the gnolls at the pier or further on down the orcs near the coast. Keep swimming until you see a second pier, head up following the dock directly to the zone exit.

Rathe Mountains. Head directly out and then slightly to the left by the near wall dodging the nearby giant skeletons, bears and cyclops. When you see the gypsy camp in front of you turn left then quickly to the right and follow the wall a bit to the East and then to the South. You will pass a few giant named beetles at a junction, keep heading straight and it slightly curves to the left, you will hit a 4 way junction, go straight to the zone exit.

Feerrott: Head East along the path turn left as it forks until you get to the bridge. Watch out for ogre bouncers in the area if you're good aligned. On the other side of the bridge keep following the path and keep turning to the right at each path fork heading generally in a SE direction until you hit the zone exit. If you are low level you will cross paths with low level trash along this route so an alternate is once you cross the bridge head in a NE direction (don't go straight North as you could walk directly into the bouncers outside Oggok if you're not paying attention) and follow the North wall to the East and then South.

Innothule Swamp: Simple run. Turn left and head North along zone wall staying on that zone wall as it bends to the right. Zone exit is near the middle of the North zone wall. If you're level 1 or 2 you might have to dodge the odd Froglok, Kobold or Fungus along the zone wall heading North.

South Ro. Head North and a bit to the East dodging in between orc camps until you leave the grassy area and hit the desert. You can see the zone exit up ahead in the big gap between mountains in the middle of the North wall but you will need to slow down and really maneuver your way through a bunch of level 9-16 mobs that mostly want to eat your face off. Go slow and you'll be fine. It's like the modern day version of the game Frogger. The only friendlies are the snakes and spiders.

Oasis of Marr: Go slow and pick you way through the mobs, you can ignore the alligators, they con as being agro but they are friendly unless you find a supersized croc named Lockjaw. From SRO head North slowly being careful at the crevasses up ahead, the fall damage can be large at a low level. When you're approaching the lake up ahead turn right and follow the coast of the lake until you can see beach to the right. Turn right to the beach and follow the coast North until you zone. You will need to be on the lookout for Sand Giants, Desert Madmen, a ghoul, mummies and Dry Bone skeletons.

North Ro: Almost there. Head North along the coast and straight to East Freeport unless you're of the evil persuasion and may need to dodge the barbarian village at the North end of the coast and either go through the tunnel to East Commonlands located near the NW corner of the desert or zone or zone into East Freeport and use the hidden tunnel located in the newbie area.
Last edited by Menenolly; 11-03-2019 at 12:55 AM..
Old 11-03-2019, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

solid route
Old 11-03-2019, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Best route. This journey is the best part of the game. Bless your soul. Bristlebane be with you.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:06 AM
Large Rat

Absolutely incredible write up, thank you!
Old 12-01-2019, 12:42 AM
Orc

I'm finding it a lot harder to get past the gnolls when i'm under level 10ish in Lake Rathe right by South Karana. I've been asking for an invis or ITU buff depending on if it's day or night from nice people in SK.
Maybe my memory is fuzzy but on live I thought you could navigate around the gnolls at low levels.
Closed Thread