Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 04:01 PM
Large Bat

Default SK in velious

I'm going to dust off my SK from years ago and try to get into velious to experience some of that content and am looking for suggestions on where to go and what to do. I barely did anything in Velious back in the day either, so not really sure what to do that is fun and maybe has a few cool rewards.

Not too interested in raids as I have limited time, so something that will just require I log in for a few hours would be great.

My gear is kind of noobie, but he is 60 Ogre with 35/45 weapon and chitin gloves haste and a few random pieces. I think around 2500HP.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

One thing that I didn't experience in live (on Velious) but enjoyed here on p99:

Working on your main Velious faction-- be it Coldain, Giant, and/or CoV (dragons). Killing giants has made my necromancer-- typically hated everywhere-- agreeable to both the dwarves (Coldain) of Thurgadin and the Dragons of Skyshrine.

I'm otherwise no Velious pro. Wish you the grandest of adventures and welcome back!
Old 10-31-2019, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Raiding on blue doesn't have to be so intensive. You're guild will tweet you they're about to do a target and then you can log in, help out for half an hour and job done.

If you work on your dragon faction I suggest doing the bracers of battle quest a couple of times. It's just a case of logging in when scout charisa spawns, rolling to see of you win loot rights, then handing in your 'tools' to the scout to trigger the encounter (and everyone else who rolled will help you out on the fight).

Another low hanging fruit in western wastes are the pillar dragons, which drop some nifty +6 necks. If you make friends with the giants (or are a friend of a friend of the giants) you can trade great(er) dragon heads for some nice items.

The kael arena can be done by a group or two and produces several decent items for shadow knights as well as being a source for components for the thurg quest armour.

There is much more to do, i'm sure others can elaborate.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Plate house is great and if you're extremely lucky can basically kit yourself out in a few hours
Closed Thread