Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, just stressing that you really want all debuffs before slow, kind of like going after tranala/travala. If the rng is bad you can have a pretty tough time of it without tash/oos/malo. Ideal setup probably something like enc/brd/shm/rog/tank/cleric. Might seem like overkill when you do it, but do it without and the pace of clearing can slow down considerably if you get a bunch of wurms in a row and bad rng on slow.
yea from grouping days i remember the shaman being like, "IS THIS THING TASHED?!?" and then Im like

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*cast tash*.. uh yea!

then the sham being like, "ah yea there we go."

really drove home how without tash, these things can be basically spell immune.. Literatly every time I forget to tash the sham would be like HEY WTF?!

and id be like "Lol these guys are resistant! Had it tashed but I just recast once again just incase 'for good measure'..." (aka i forgot again lmao)

what Im saying here is, without tash, you're not going to land any debuffs on these guys before he eats whatever is tanking him
Old 04-13-2016, 06:54 PM
Large Rat

used to trio these w/ bard, war, shm. I would pull with my bard to BW zoneline, zone off aggro and let warrior pull the wurm (so other mobs from VP entrance would wander back). he would then kite it until me and shm zoned back in and we would keep kiting it until shm's slow landed. pretty easy kill from there and not too difficult once spawns were broken up.
Rethan - 60 Enchanter
Lowtide - 58 Rogue
Seggas - 58 Shm
Old 04-13-2016, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
used to trio these w/ bard, war, shm. I would pull with my bard to BW zoneline, zone off aggro and let warrior pull the wurm (so other mobs from VP entrance would wander back). he would then kite it until me and shm zoned back in and we would keep kiting it until shm's slow landed. pretty easy kill from there and not too difficult once spawns were broken up.
I think this is a duo strat that would work just fine. But gdi thats a long run just to remove 1 roll on a topor drop hah
Old 04-14-2016, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Duo'd with Epic Mage/Cleric before Donal's nerf

Was a crapshoot though, couple max rounds and pet wouldn't make it
Old 04-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trio is ez but I just don't think you can effectively duo because without tash it's vvvveeeerry noticeable trying to slow it.. Which means if you get a proc that takes too long your tank gon be squished.

Until I see a video of a duo I just don't believe it... unless we're talking rediculous strats line fighting at the zone line or something. That I can believe. But just sitting at vp clearing wurms as a duo? Idk bout that.
Not saying it's effective,But it sure as hell can be done at VP zone line with no strat other than using tash sticks. It's risky for sure and you will wipe a few times but its better than most snorathon camps.

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 04-14-2016, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duo'd with Epic Mage/Cleric before Donal's nerf

Was a crapshoot though, couple max rounds and pet wouldn't make it
Haha I didn't take time to post. I think you also forgot pre inviz pull nerf.
I don't think it could have been farmed by that duo even if it was possible!
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 04-14-2016, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not saying it's effective,But it sure as hell can be done at VP zone line with no strat other than using tash sticks. It's risky for sure and you will wipe a few times but its better than most snorathon camps.

yea but whats your opinion on whether something is effective or not? wiping 5/6 times is way past that for me and I find it hard to believe that (becuse you are going to rely on RNjesus to win this fight as a duo) you'd be wiping any less than 5 out of 6 attempts trying to duo this at the VP ent

But I am not a velious raid geared sham/tank..

I am confident a vel geared sham/tank could duo these reliably though, Im basing that opinion on my gut though, but its a pretty strong gut feeling that it is duo-able with vel raid gear.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Even assuming the wurm was single pulled and you had unlimited room, I really doubt anyone (with Velious gear) could solo a guardian wurm, even with the right clickies and gear. Shaman won't be able to slow without tash, enchanters can't slow without malo, and no way any melee would stay alive against them. Maybe a shaman with a real lucky proc of tash right off the bat, then kiting it while debuffs land would work.

Honestly, the best chance is probably monk or warrior with lots of clicky heals, but even that I doubt is doable. Even though they only have 32k hp and double, they hit fast and hard.
Closed Thread