Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Default Dyzil's Deafening Decoy - BROKEN!?

Now casting the pet works as intended, The pets DS works as intended, that major problem with this pet is his lack of HP? maybe, and his lack of AOE taunt nuke, and AOE nuke in general. Please referre to this page

http://eqmagicians.com/spell/dyzils-deafening-decoy

Mostly note :

This a lower level pet (40) using the fire pet model. It does 46 max damage per hit from melee, but it has the hit points of the 51 earth pet. It casts FireElementalAura on itself, which is about a 40-44 point Damage Shield (level +2). It also has an AE Proc that does about 50+ damage to any mobs around it and adds +100 hate to the pet.

Also noted on this page its CLEARLY an AoE nuke:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1679

Unsure how to get the AoE correct, but this pet surely lacks the AoE that it had on it to start with it. Any plans to fix this or are more mage nerfs incoming now?
Old 02-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

It is 100% broke, it cast some sort of annul graphic on the mob but it does nothing.
Also Rage of Zomm does not work either, Rage of Zomm makes a huge earth elemental that appears then disappears instantly. The spell actually does not do anything but that =P
I dunno why no one has ever brought up these issues before...
Old 02-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Rage of Z works as intended. It use to be a normal pet, but hit reallyyyy hard, harder then any other pet around (even epic). On this server tho, it was nerfed majorly, use to hit for nearly 200 max, on this server just 87. but it only lasts for your current target and, poofs afterwards. Just tested this, Rage of Zomm comfirmed works, but heavely underpowered. For a 1 cast pet for 200 mana, might as well stick with ur water pet who atlease casts proc too(rage of zomm was for brust dps, where mobs were resistance and had nasty AoEs hance the heavy MELEE hits it had but no proc with this pet). Kinda shocked to see the level of nerfness mages got on this server. Not only pets at nearly half their hp ac rates, even the Zomm pet is less then 1/2 its normal hitting ability not even hitting for 100. wowizer, its ment to be a brust DPS pet for harder mobs where AOEs are gonna kill the pet anyhow.

Plain and simple, this class has been far to nerfed and overly nerfed to the point where their pets are just under HALF of what their dps should be. Mages only do DPS, nothing else, nothing more then that. send in pet, and nuke, they only have Magic and Fire line spells so it isnt like mages have all the different lines of spells for nukage(like wizard), if your in a heavy resist Fire / magic place, like Naggys lair or skyfire, most times your spells dont land. Having a pet thats under 1/2 of its abilitys of live is shameful. Let mages have their pets, isnt like they have anything else to fall back on, Its like removing procs from warriors because its to over powered, or taking away canny from shaman because its to over powered. Mages are put behind the 8 ball enough to have to run place to place zone to zone without a pet because it poofs if you invis, or zone...but to make that pet 1/2 of what it should be is shameful.

Even Necros have FD, and ROOT, Chanters have Root, stun, mezz, even memory blur, and Wizards too, have snare and root...a mage has none of those. Im FINE with not having a pet if i invis, or zone, but altease when i have my pet up, it works as it did during the classic days of EQ. Tho testing Rage of Z and all these pets they are under half of what they were during classic. Or in this case of Decoy pet, doesnt work at all.
Last edited by botrainer; 02-15-2014 at 03:18 PM..
Old 02-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

After testing, in small crowds. upto 3 mobs the aoe works but i test in chardok, and it fail to work at all(its single target then)...is it the zone or what?
Old 02-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

My Rage of Zomm doesn't work at all. It just appears then instantly disappears if it lives long enough it does like 20 damage to a mob then gets hit for 50 hp and dies lol.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Rage of Zomm has literally 1 HP atm. Also it does not DW ?
Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Aviak

Is this being worked on?
Old 06-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

It's been so long since a mage on p99 has cast a spell besides CotH that everyone forgot about this I guess.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Aviak

A fix to ROZ would be nice, but I'm not sure that would be classic. DDD appears to be working fine now and is a great situational pet when you need to grab aggro off people trying to flee.

I think the ROZ and DDD were fixed in the first few patches of Luclin to be proper swarm pets as intended.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

DDD's current damage shield range is 43-47 which is a little more than what the OP mentioned (44 max). I use this pet a lot to power level people.

I've never used ROZ. I guess it'd work out okay against a boss that doesn't aoe.

Any love that can be given to mages will be greatly appreciated.