Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Default Hiding while swimming & looting a corpse

If you hide while swimming a successful hide message will be displayed, and your character will become invisible, but you will not be hidden.

If you loot a corpse while hidden your character will remain invisible and the "no longer hidden" message will not be displayed, but you will indeed no longer be hidden.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you hide while swimming a successful hide message will be displayed, and your character will become invisible, but you will not be hidden.
Is this new? I have hide/sneaked around kedge a great deal without issue.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this new? I have hide/sneaked around kedge a great deal without issue.
Actually, I just retested this and my original statement was incorrect - your character will remain visible while the successful hide message is displayed. This only happens while standing still and sinking - once you've sunk all the way down to the floor and stopped moving completely hide will work normally.

I'm unsure how this would've worked as per classic, but just thought I'd mention it here in case it's a bug. It seems like if you're moving down the z axis from sinking, an unsuccessful hide should yield the "You must stand perfectly still to hide!" message.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 04-18-2014 at 03:11 PM..
Old 04-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Also, to clear up any confusion, the hiding while looting a corpse bug is unrelated to swimming.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Bump! This has killed me a few times, probably others too. There needs to be either a "You must stand perfectly still to hide!" message when you attempt to hide while sinking in water, or just allow hiding while sinking in place.

Also, if looting a corpse while hidden is supposed to break hide then there needs to be a message saying you're no longer hidden, or if you are supposed to be able to loot corpses while hidden then hide is being broken erroneously without any indication while your character remains invisible.