Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Aviak

This seems to happens when you switch targets while bolt is in air, such as if you heal your pet before bolt lands.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Fire Giant

I havn't tested that, but that isn't why its messed up for me. They are missing 10-30% of the time from all directions and point blank/far away/middle distance. It's totally screwjobbed.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Banned

I can confirm this happens all the fucking time.

I haven't found a rhyme or reason as to why, though. Sorry...
Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Banned

7-10+ roots from an earth pet isn't enough aggro to pull off from a 5dmg nuke. (with the melee that goes with the roots, and the DS, and the procs from stun whips)

Pet aggro is broken beyond all reason.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

So I guess another mage who has burnt wood staff also explained to me what the problem was. You must wait for the first bolt to land before clicking staff for a new cast. Problem resolved.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Aviak

Angry Mage Bolt Line

1. All bolt spells are too slow. They can't keep up with a mob walking away. They need to be sped up 3x or 4x faster. I remember it being slightly faster than a sow'd player.

2. If you cast ANY spell while a bolt is in air, it will never hit it's target and still uses your mana. On live you used to be able to cast a couple bolts in succession, while pulling, and you'd land the second shortly after the first one. Here you just can't cast anything until the first one lands... and since theyre so slow, you sit there waiting for a long time.

3. If another mob paths in the way of a bolt, it should take the hit. Here that doesn't happen. On the other side of the coin, the bolt can "miss" if say a player (not in duel, as they should take dmg if they're pvp flagged) or pet walked infront of it.
Last edited by furny; 08-19-2011 at 10:19 AM..
Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I guess another mage who has burnt wood staff also explained to me what the problem was. You must wait for the first bolt to land before clicking staff for a new cast. Problem resolved.
This is broken. You should not have to wait for it to land.
Side note: the bolt goes waaaay slower than it did on live, as well.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not just waiting for the bolt to land before casting another, you need to wait for the bolt to land before casting any spell, casting any spell while a bolt is in the air makes it not hit the target.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:26 AM
Aviak

I'm gonna bump this for the Burnt Wood Staff but also make a new thread specifically for the Staff.

Edit: So apparently it's all bolts? I just never noticed because I didn't chain bolts so I wouldn't draw aggro.
Last edited by Jamuraan; 09-08-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Old 09-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Bump