Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Banned

Default east karana - an evil eye

an evil eye in East Karana is indifferent to my rogue with sneak/hide, evil eyes are one of the few NPC that can see through rogue trickery.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Sarnak

Not sure what the devs has done. This has been discussed in other threads. Do a search.

regular Evil Eyes never saw thru invis, despite what other people are boasting on the boards.
If they see thru hide I'm not sure, but if they don't see thru invis my logic says they don't see thru hide either, but i never played a rogue so not sure.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dali_lb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but i never played a rogue so not sure.
...then don't reply to my post?

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=2855
Old 08-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

evil eyes have always seen through everything but Shroud of Stealth, fact.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dali_lb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
regular Evil Eyes never saw thru invis, despite what other people are boasting on the boards.
If they see thru hide I'm not sure, but if they don't see thru invis my logic says they don't see thru hide either, but i never played a rogue so not sure.
There are four vision flags. See invis, see invis undead, see hide, see improved hide. They're specified per mob.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I checked this out. They are seeing through hide. What they aren't seeing through, is a successful sneak while behind the mob. Whether this is the correct functionality, I can't say.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Banned

Theory crafted live functionality from the era was they still scowled, but had reduced aggro radius. In real game mechanics though, they saw you and they had just as much chance to aggro you as any other see invis mob. People just got lucky with line of sight via zone geometry. Just another one of those EQ myths that still persists to this day.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:12 PM
VIP / Contributor

Just checked that. Could not see me at all until I was within the frontal vision cone (verified with commands).
Old 08-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Kobold

That is correct. I played a rogue up until the end of days, and mobs that could see through hide, could not 'see' you if you were behind them.

It became a bit of a pain in the ass because rogues would run around in front of the mob and promptly get eaten, leading to the inception of the message "Soandso regards you indifferently"
"You think this creature can see you."

It was one of the only ways to successfully do many quest turn ins for rogues against creatures and mobs that really didn't like them.