Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 03:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very sorry, I thought you were advocating the "no roll click fest" situation where certain players are able to win the turn in without fail every time; please accept my humble apology. I agree, it's bad that a player of that level is eligible for the roll. Perhaps a level requirement is in order.

I don't think it's wrong to allow previous experiences to affect my decision making process when it comes to helping others. YMMV.

Thank you all for the The Wire gifs.
I mean, I do think the "no roll click fest" is better than the roll, for reasons of ramifications. I don't, however, think its an ideal situation. The problem that is non-classic is that the server is a bottle neck at end game material, such as Scout. It is what it is, I guess.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:03 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

OP is missing out
<Savage> are chumps
Been marking up my tunnel wares about 20% and selling it to them
Old 10-20-2017, 04:39 AM
Fire Giant

It is not like this is some sort of challenging content being exploited. The design is crap on rewards that are pretty rad for very little effort.

Let’s not make this more than it is. If a handful of folks are troubled due to cooperation and sharing, well, that is so tragic and I am sure your issues are being looked into.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe it's time to take a step back and reassess the energy you're putting in to this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErlickBachman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Giant wall of passionate text*
Well, that sure showed me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErlickBachman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NEWSFLASH: Just learned in guild chat that a level 28 just won the scout roll, lol. Need before Greed, right? Can't wait for the next RnF thread on this shit show.
saw it coming

new player PSA: roll for scout to fund your equipment. play smarter not harder
Old 10-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
saw it coming

new player PSA: roll for scout to fund your equipment. play smarter not harder
Trading one players plat/time for another player's time/plat is central to EQ. This is the game where higher level players can convert time to plat by power-leveling or selling acquired gear, or lower-level players can convert time into plat by selling bone chips, potions, or even plat itself (to players farming Ice Giants). Hell, this is a game where you can effectively buy your epic weapon from others (again, trading plat for time).

All we're really talking about here is a player with plat buying slightly better odds of being able to attempt a fight, and lower-level players profiting from it. It sucks for poorer players (like most things in EQ), but they still get one unique advantage here that they don't get anywhere else in EQ: a free kill force.

Compared to (say) a non-AA Shaman who has to farm 100k on their own to get their epic, a scout player having to either take a slightly worse random chance (and getting free player help), or having to pay for a slightly better one (and then provide their own force) just doesn't seem worth worrying about to me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

The OP is 100% correct, went to a scout roll once and two of the guys from savage were the only ones holding out. Savage had like 6 people there but two of them wouldn't agree to roll. It sucks for the other 4, because one of them ended up winning the pointless roll.

An awakened guy was wise to savage's ways and denied them by turning in first. The awakened guy let everyone know ahead of time saying something like "don't be naive guys savage is here"..one of the savage guy who didn't agree to roll proceeded to throw a tantrum in ooc and cursed everyone else out.....guys are more <babies> than <savage>
Old 10-20-2017, 01:41 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, that sure showed me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it did. Next time stay out of the grown up conversations with the kiddie comments [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Since scout is a static spawn, can i show up before anyone else and claim her as a camp and kill her instead of doing a turn in? Sort of how Blood Guard likes to claimed enchanter NPC mobs? I think ill do this and fraps it and then petition whoever tries to take my camp.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Good reply. Glad you've seen the error of your ways. See you in the next Scout thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since scout is a static spawn, can i show up before anyone else and claim her as a camp and kill her instead of doing a turn in? Sort of how Blood Guard likes to claimed enchanter NPC mobs? I think ill do this and fraps it and then petition whoever tries to take my camp.
I mean, you can try to kill her. You may not like the result.
Closed Thread