Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

With batphones, especially if you utilize Twitter, you can set notifications to not occur during the night (or any time period of your choosing) Then you don't have to hear them at night! Me, I just sleep through them anyway. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Realistically there are people all over the world playing, so there "prime time" doesn't work for some players. I don't know what we would do without our contingent of baguettes and whatever Aikons is, and prefer knowing that all of our players are on equal footing when it comes to choosing to respond or not.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can dress up mandatory raiding any way you like, but at the end of the day it's still mandatory raiding, and it certainly isn't casual.

Don't take the bait if you value your autonomy.
I don't think there was ever any mandatory RA for apps in aftermath, you just remain an app for longer if you choose not to participate when opportunities are available. In aftermath very little is required of individuals and being a rabid pixel fiend is optional.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with P99 raiding isn't that it is time intensive and you can never leave your computer (there are people in both guilds who will happily track and screen share), the problem is your phone can ring at 3:00am with a twitter alert saying CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE.

There are probably 100 raid encounters a month that A/A responds to and almost none of them are during prime time. The reality is these dragons pop at all hours of the night and in the middle of the work day.

What makes maintaining raid attendance difficult is you have to be willing and able to drop IRL at the drop of a hat and rush to your computer for 30 minutes at any given time. Do you have to respond to every batphone? Of course not, but it also makes it so you essentially can not play your 'raiding' character because they have to be perma parked in nToV. it really sucks when you cant play your characters because there are dragons in window 24/7

I tried raiding for awhile and I just cant maintain the RA requirements playing the 2-3 hours a night during prime time that I am able to play. I got from 5:30-8:30 CST for gaming and that's about it - But I am not mad because EQ is not made for the weak and that is classic
Role playing rubbing thighs on passing hobbits to infuse them with the scent of 'ox' is a far superior use of time, anyways.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

If you have a batphone, optional or not, I'd say that qualifies as not being casual... regardless of your targets. If you're batphoning in emperor crush and raiding it with 30 people logging in their level 10 chars, youre technically hardcore at that point. If you have cothbots set up for a lot of targets in EQ, (letting a cothbot in HoT slide because it's just HoT) I'd say you're not casual. Casual means no influence is bothering you to log in rather than your casual playing time that you normally log in. Scheduled raid times is casual, scheduled poopsocking is not.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

So during the repop no guild that got a kill was casual then, eh?
Old 10-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Banned

This is a dumb question because you are asking who is the best that doesn't try hard. No matter what you can argue a guild isn't accomplishing enough or the guild is trying too hard. You have nerds on here melting their brains trying to come up with a secret formula to tell them who is the best non try hard on the server.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have to respond to every batphone? Of course not, but it also makes it so you essentially can not play your 'raiding' character because they have to be perma parked in nToV. it really sucks when you cant play your characters because there are dragons in window 24/7
This is also not true. The main raid location is Temple of Veeshan, and most people are bound there. Casters can simply gate there, and melee can use a gate potion.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Rename thread to "What defines casual / hardcore guild?"
Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Kittens and Paradigm Shift are full of fine folks.

Good to see the Taken think-tank still idles at full retard.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is also not true. The main raid location is Temple of Veeshan, and most people are bound there. Casters can simply gate there, and melee can use a gate potion.
I thought you couldn't bind inToV anymore. I know my PoM coth got his bind removed.
Closed Thread