Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 05:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So lets say we did launch with no Clarity. How do you think that is going to affect the class distribution? Are you looking to play on a server primarily compromised by pet classes? Because, Classic EQ doesn't need Tanks and Healers to do much of anything end game for a very (very) long time. Why would anyone even make a Wizard or any other mana reliant class before this comes into game? People did before because they didn't know better, but they do now. Especially after being in an open forum before hand. Sure, you can argue that there are Bards who don't know how to solo at light speed and may want to join a group. But I think all this would do is discourage the class diversity we are used to enjoying. Just my two cents on the matter.

Oh, I still feel that there was another spell with mana regen. But, even if that isn't the case, the true power of an Enchanter is undoubtedly the Charm line of spells. I am sure people will realize this and play them anyway "(Is what I'd like to say, except the two Enchanters in our premade have already conditionally changed to pet classes)]". *rip I can't blame them though, keeping up with mana for Charming would be a huge pain for both the Enchanter AND the healer.
I think the answer for this is nothing in life is fair, and the server staff is recreating each era according to the patch timeline, so if it is proven, it shall be done.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 10-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The IDs were re-used and the item points to a spell ID, not an effect type.

These aren't mana conversion spells, they summon items that can be used in tradeskills.

SE_EnchantLight has no clientside use beyond being referenced by ID 80 in an actor point light create call.

Thicken Mana is 390. Guess what ID 390 is in spdat.eff?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Same with the other index: Crystallize Mana is 439, and Enchantment of Brilliance is 439.
"Distills mana into a physical form. Consumes a poison vial and two sapphires when cast."

Maybe conversion was the wrong word? But, incorporeal to physical sounds like a conversion to me.

Conversion-noun
1-the act or process of converting; 2-state of being converted.
change in character, form, or function.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So lets say we did launch with no Clarity. How do you think that is going to affect the class distribution?
i know 1 way to find out for sure
Old 10-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the answer for this is nothing in life is fair, and the server staff is recreating each era according to the patch timeline, so if it is proven, it shall be done.
Eh, I lost interest in this after my pre-made switched to 5 pet classes.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
So lets say we did launch with no Clarity. How do you think that is going to affect the class distribution? Are you looking to play on a server primarily compromised by pet classes? Because, Classic EQ doesn't need Tanks and Healers to do much of anything end game for a very (very) long time. Why would anyone even make a Wizard or any other mana reliant class before this comes into game? People did before because they didn't know better, but they do now. Especially after being in an open forum before hand. Sure, you can argue that there are Bards who don't know how to solo at light speed and may want to join a group. But I think all this would do is discourage the class diversity we are used to enjoying. Just my two cents on the matter.

Oh, I still feel that there was another spell with mana regen. But, even if that isn't the case, the true power of an Enchanter is undoubtedly the Charm line of spells. I am sure people will realize this and play them anyway "(Is what I'd like to say, except the two Enchanters in our premade have already conditionally changed to pet classes)]". *rip I can't blame them though, keeping up with mana for Charming would be a huge pain for both the Enchanter AND the healer.
I really don't think it's going to make a huge impact on class distribution tbh. Clarity gets added 2-3 months after launch... it's not a huge deal. I'm going to be maining an enchanter for Green and I have no issues with not starting with Clarity. Furthermore - bards will be limited to killing 4 mobs at a time just like druids and wizards so I do feel that they will be grouping more than they would otherwise, with the added incentive that they're the only source of mana regen for a little bit at launch.

A lot of the beauty of the original game was in the evolution, with patches being a huge part of that. I for one am looking forward to my class evolving with time - it's a shame the people in your group do not share my enthusiasm. For my two cents, it seems a touch short sided to dismiss a class entirely instead of waiting a few months - but pixel lust is a hell of a drug.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-12-2019, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Now our Druid is switching to a Necro, so 6 pet classes. Apparently Necromancers can heal just as well anyway and pets dont need to CR.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Now our Druid is switching to a Necro, so 6 pet classes. Apparently Necromancers can heal just as well anyway and pets dont need to CR.
very touching turn of events. i will pray for you in these tragic, classic circumstances
Old 10-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A very touching turn of events. I will pray for you during these tragic, yet authentically classic times.
I don't really view a two Necromancer and four Magician group as a tragedy. Thank you for your prayers.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

No one cares about the class composition of your no-lifer speed run group. Green is not designed to facilitate your speed run, it's designed to recreate EQ when it launched in 1999 as accurately as possible. Your personal feelings have no place in regards to what content the server launches with. The only consideration is timeline accuracy.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one cares about the class composition of your no-lifer speed run group. Green is not designed to facilitate your speed run, it's designed to recreate EQ when it launched in 1999 as accurately as possible. Your personal feelings have no place in regards to what content the server launches with. The only consideration is timeline accuracy.
Seriously, I have interest in this discussion. Enjoy your accurate timeline.
Closed Thread