Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
System isn’t rigged. Step 1: stop assuming you’re a victim

It’s so sad white people adopted that mentality

Don't kill the messenger. But shit's gonna get real in the next couple decades as machines displace more working class people and rich fucks completely censor your thoughts on the internet.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't kill the messenger. But shit's gonna get real in the next couple decades as machines displace more working class people and rich fucks completely censor your thoughts on the internet.
Unfortunately, I can see this happening, especially if the government/corporate merger continues. This is why big government is so dangerous. Without big government, big corporations would need to engage in real competition.

Higher minimum wage will hasten the replacement of workings with machines as corporation feel machines are cheaper.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
System isn’t rigged. Step 1: stop assuming you’re a victim

It’s so sad white people adopted that mentality
My life improved dramatically once I stopped looking for, albeit perfectly valid, things to blame my problems on. I mean I was right, in a way, but looking for and finding external reasons why things suck absolves any responsibility on your own end, which is ultimately paralyzing. Most of that perceived adversity ended up just being phantoms in my head when I finally turned to face it.

Locus of control is an important psychological concept. Do you have control over events in your life or are you at the mercy of external factors? Pick one. Either answer is right. It comes down to perspective. The thing is, people with an internal locus of control fare a lot better in life.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one ever found success standing around prodding a stick around in their own feces.
Lol. God dammit, -this- is why it stinks so bad in here!

*sits back down*

Perfectly valid reason why your house stinks. There’s a turd on the floor. You can continue blaming the turd as the source of the problem and accept the reality that it’s gonna smell like shit for awhile. Or you can acknowledge there’s a fucking turd on the floor and take actions to improve your air quality.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Locus of control is an important psychological concept. Do you have control over events in your life or are you at the mercy of external factors? Pick one. Either answer is right. It comes down to perspective. The thing is, people with an internal locus of control fare a lot better in life.
Either answer is subjectively "right", but not objectively. Wait till your entire existence/livelihood is tested by a jury of your peers, and the selected peers are a bunch of morons.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either answer is subjectively "right", but not objectively. Wait till your entire existence/livelihood is tested by a jury of your peers, and the selected peers are a bunch of morons.
I mean I’m trans and it’s not looking like I’m gonna pass for a long time, if ever. That scenario is absolutely going to happen, probably multiple times. Move on, recoup, rebuild. I’ve curled up into a ball wayyyy too many times when that’s not fair brick walls my plans. Long as I’m still breathing I have options.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we please continue to use poop analogies?
I enjoyed writing that post.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

I feel we have irreconcilable differences in philosophy. The victimhood ideology that’s so pervasive on my side is pretty horrific, though. I’ll agree with you on that at least.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I’m trans and not looking I’m gonna pass for a long, if ever. That scenario is absolutely going to happen, probably multiple times. Move on, recoup, rebuild. I’ve curled up into a ball wayyyy too many times when that’s not fair brick walls my plans.
Perhaps you've only been tested by walls of your own making. Don't fool yourself into thinking those are the only ones -- or even the important ones. You live in a real world, not in your imagination, or as they say, "life is what happens when you are busy making other plans."
Old 03-15-2019, 08:13 PM
Banned

"Life is what you make it"
Closed Thread