Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

How do you see which is a real tick? im seeing like 3 different ticks going on. I'm ok clicking it when mana drops by 1 but other times the ticks are all over place.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My understanding is that /pause commands need to go at the beginning of the line, though the pause actually occurs after the subsequent command. I believe the "/pause 1" commands in this macro won't even be parsed.
Close, pause commands are used at the end of the line, regardless of when in the line they come. That's why the first line doesnt have /cast in it. it needs to wait 2 while the clicky goes off. (IIRC, it's been a while, this may be inaccurate. this is the macro I use to canni, however, and I haven't touched [edited] it in years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are not Canni-dancing (timing canni between med ticks), or not L60 with Torpor and Cann 4 then Canni is barely more efficient than sitting and medding. The only time it is ever useful to canni-spam without Torp/Cann 4 is if you need mana without consideration of HP (i.e. in emergencies or if being healed externally).

Otherwise, canni-spamming without Torp and Cann 4 is basically pointless.
This is true, however, I gave him this tip in the spirit of sanity, with a dash of efficiency. Since he can canni faster, he will miss less med tics (that he is not watching)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you see which is a real tick? im seeing like 3 different ticks going on. I'm ok clicking it when mana drops by 1 but other times the ticks are all over place.
Using gina (tutorials everywhere i'm sure) Set a short-term buff fade message (you put the telescope down) on a 6sec repeating timer. You now have a working med tic timer.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are not Canni-dancing (timing canni between med ticks), or not L60 with Torpor and Cann 4 then Canni is barely more efficient than sitting and medding. The only time it is ever useful to canni-spam without Torp/Cann 4 is if you need mana without consideration of HP (i.e. in emergencies or if being healed externally).

Otherwise, canni-spamming without Torp and Cann 4 is basically pointless.
You ever play a shaman, bro?
Old 01-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Banned

if this back pain comes from my cani dancing, im going to sue p99 for not letting me use a macro keyboard
Old 01-14-2017, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Get shrunken goblin skull earring and cast it between two different levels of canni. Just canni click canni over and over and you can drain your health pretty fast. Then just regen like normal.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Aviak

This frightens me...

Just starting on a shaman. The primary reason I didn't play a bard was I didn't want to twist. Is it viable to shaman without this craziness (just a bit slower?). Would I be better off on a druid?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Large Bat

You should just play a cleric or wizard if you actually enjoy meditating
Last edited by AshurFoH; 01-20-2017 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: Grammar!
Old 01-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yttrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This frightens me...

Just starting on a shaman. The primary reason I didn't play a bard was I didn't want to twist. Is it viable to shaman without this craziness (just a bit slower?). Would I be better off on a druid?
You don't have to shorten downtime with in game mechanics of you don't want to. But you're going to be sitting at full health a lot with a regen on might as well make it mana.

Get a goblin skull earring so you can reset the universal spell timer and chain cast two different levels of canni. Once your health is regenning faster than your mana it will be helpful.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Aviak

Alright fair points. It isn't that I like to sit and meditate, sometimes I am just lazy. Easier to sit and pop onto reddit for a bit!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yttrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This frightens me...

You play a Shaman badly - stand up and canni-spam using a clickie (or not canni at all). You'll probably do ok. BUt you won't be getting the most from your shaman.

Played correctly a Shaman is just as active as a Bard - often more so. If you are not casting non-stop for hours on end, you aren't playing to your full potential. It pays off, at 60 when you stop having to time canni-dance to med ticks and can actually do canni-spam efficiently, you will be using your clickie as much to chain cast spells as to reactivate a new canni.
Closed Thread