Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Large Bat

Default How do you research what an item is worth?!

I want to understand these websites better, and need all your help!!

1. Everquest toolkit app - this shows me auctions shouted in EC tunnel, but it's like 15 hours old. And it just doesn't work that well, does anyone use this and why, it's basically useless as far as I can see. Am I missing something?

2. Ahungry - http://ahungry.com/ - I think this is the website used on your normal PC that is synced with the app? And when I use this site on my computer, it shows me only SOME (very few) of all the auctions hat went brought the game itself. An example is, I was in the tunnel for quite a few nights and watched a handful of "Staff of the Dreaded Gaze" or "Loam Encrusted Lined Shoes" that never appeared on the website! And I would even /auction things that never appeared (and I checked days afterwards)... so this site isn't all that reliable... do I have an outdated browser? I have checked from 3 separate computers and it seems to be the same problem.

3. P99tunnel.com - same issues as above.

4. Wiki - obviously this does not include live feed or ways to find all the shouts... i don't know how it gathers it data, but it's also incomplete...

There was an old site that was shut down for whatever reason that worked GREAT!!! Why did it go away? Pretty ridiculous.

This makes no sense to me and I was wondering what the deal was. If you much more knowledges individuals could enlighten me, I would be greatful. Also, am I. Missing a site? Is there a better way?

Thanks!!!
Old 09-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Ask in guildchat.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

http://ahungry.com/eqauctions
Search the forums, specifically EC tunnel section.
Check the wiki for a auction tracker on the item page

These 3 things will get you a good ballpark value.

It's a double edged sword not having an auction house or bazzar.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

EC fat cats overprice items knowing this is how people look for value on them. Personally I'd camp as much of the stuff you need yourself if time allows.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Fire Giant

Search logs for WTB/WTS prices.

You could search trading forums too, but that'd take longer.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EC fat cats overprice items knowing this is how people look for value on them. Personally I'd camp as much of the stuff you need yourself if time allows.
Getting items as a drop is far, far more rewarding than buying them for sure. And you get a story to tell on how you obtained it.

My rule of thumb is buy low, sell high. Yeah I know,.. nothing special. Low level flipper mentality but it's done me good for even buying EC upgrades.
9/10 it takes longer to buy an item at a reasonable price than it would have taken to go get it myself. Sitting in EC is not fun and the high risk of dealing with people who may be, special, isn't fun. Add on top of that trying to read EC auction trade spam.

I use gina to search for item names and do an audio msg. in the past when gearing alts I have alt tab'ed out of EQ and do other things. Then if the audio plays I tab over to check. I don't sit in ec and sell things or flip, frig that noise.

---
IF PEOPLE RAN THE SOFTWARE... Ahungry tracker would be up to date.
I have run the software and can confirm it updates the site.
http://ahungry.com/eqauctions

Quote:
The auction logger works by having the p1999 gaming community upload logs from their local log file (turned on by typing /log in game) and running this program here:
Auction Logger (Windows)
Auction Logger (GNU/Linux)
Auction Logger Shell Script (GNU/Linux or MAC)
Also get on ahungry's case about adding missing items. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Large Bat

Thank you guys!
Old 09-09-2017, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Just ask me, I will tell you what an item is worth any time you need up to date and accurate prices.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Accurate prices set by fat cats aren't accurate prices. The best thing you can do OP is track prices yourself, the highs and lows...just be careful not doing it routinely or you'll be on here like an iksar projecting the future price of an item based on the release date of a server that may or may not ever exist ^^
Old 09-10-2017, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

shnickusaurus very knowledgeable ask him
Closed Thread