Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 07:16 AM
Large Bat

Default Deep Learning for EQ

I like to click on videos on Youtube about A.I. Deep learning, and presentations about new graphics cards. GPU architectures driving deep learning research blah blah blah.

To me the coolest thing ever would be a research department or some students taking on the challenge of machine learning for Everquest.

I watched a video of an A.I. beating all the top players at DOTA2 awhile ago. It doesn't seem unreasonable that they could do the same for Everquest. Also it being a socially complex game with guild structures, groups and raid scenarios, it could yield some magical results.

It's also reasonably accessible, the live game is floundering, it could be something big for daybreak(if they cared lol). If they let snake oil salesman David Georgeson capitalize on world building hype with the whole Landmark Ponzi scheme, making a game, to build your game(that was a good one btw, lol) maybe the team is up for radical ideas.

They can look all scientific, advancing revolutionary A.I. Deep Learning, provide hype for their live game, draw attention to the emulation side, already set up and ready to go.

Ultimately this culminates into my super secret master plan. A full version Single Player Everquest Classic + Kunark/Velious on Steam. A game with A.I. driven Group members. A new command /park is introduced. This "Parks" your character in world, return to character select, create or switch to a new character. Go back into game, walk to parked character, have them join group. This party member is a Deep learned machine of greatness.

Now there is some re-balancing necessary for spawn timers, drop rates to reflect the single player world. You also of course need some granular control over the A.I> so clerics don't piss away gems healing tanks, selecting main tanks, establishing cleric chain healing orders, and some stuff like that, no big deal.

Oh, then a detailed in-game wiki that reads like a lovely crafted fan fair of the game guiding the player and pointing out changes made for single player like historic foot notes, paying respect to the heroes that came before.

Please. I promise I'll never play another game.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by aMindAmok; 12-10-2017 at 10:44 AM..
Old 12-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

If you want to play single player everquest with bots, you can already do that
Old 12-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Large Bat

Ugh bummer..

Nobody gets it.

Oh well.

later.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh bummer..

Nobody gets it.

Oh well.

later.
i think it would take a crazy amount of iterations for the healer bot to realize when is the right time to heal the melee bot without getting killed itself

not that i read your post
Old 12-10-2017, 10:19 PM
Large Bat

Bots are crappy. Deep learning, is something totally different. Nobody read what i wrote.

Why comment at all?

You think Bots are driving around Telsa's self driving cars?

Or That it was a Bot that beat all the top players at DOTA2?

Never mind , your not reading. so I'll take the liberty of saying some stuff, soon as you ppl can't read, and aren't reading. TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R #lolrip social media Husks. So I'll use my muted mic to sing, fuck off. I mean,,epic child man douche level 1000x. so, fuck you asshole. If you need to shit on posts you dont read,, I'll be sure to call you a douche bag fuck. Now go report me, cuz thats what bitch whiney kids who can't read do, tell teacher. Dumb fuck.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bots are crappy. Deep learning, is something totally different. Nobody read what i wrote.

Why comment at all?

Never mind , your not reading. so I'll take the liberty of saying some stuff, soon as you ppl can't read, and aren't reading. TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R #lolrip social media Husks. So I'll use my muted mic to sing, fuck off. I mean,,epic child man douche level 1000x. so, fuck you asshole. If you need to shit on posts you dont read,, I'll be sure to call you a douche bag fuck. Now go report me, cuz thats what bitch whiney kids who can't read do, tell teacher. Dumb fuck.
Will you speak to an liek this too please? i saw your op earlier and it concerned me, but seeing as nobody had responded and you seemed pretty enthused, i didn't want to dampen your spirits.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

Why comment at all?

saved
Old 12-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Banned

memegenerator.gov
Old 12-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
saved
Good to remember.

You are a dick. You comment on thing's you don't read. You need to change.You are a fuck up.

Print it and put it on your fridge, if it really helps you change, it'll be worth it.

Eat shit.
Closed Thread