Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Banned

i can't wait to watch the new star wars.

the last two movies were a great revitalization to the series. they became fun again.

these are movies for children.

Anyone concerned about losing their place of power as a white male is probably a piece of shit who commands no respect in a meritocracy. Spoiler: if you aren't born into the oligarchy you must swim in the meritocratic middle class. Either you win or u lose and making children's fantasy movies appeal to a larger audience is of no concern
Old 12-14-2017, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the last two movies were a great revitalization to the series. they became fun again.

Anyone concerned about losing their place of power as a white male is probably a piece of shit who commands no respect in a meritocracy. Spoiler: if you aren't born into the oligarchy you must swim in the meritocratic middle class. Either you win or u lose and making children's fantasy movies appeal to a larger audience is of no concern
You're correct in saying they're designed for children. That said, I could watch the incredibles and shrek when my kids were younger and not want to deep throat a 12 gauge. These Star Wars movies are actual garbage. i personally don't understand the appeal as films
Old 12-14-2017, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they became fun again.
This. They were fun! The new movies felt like the Star Wars universe, unlike the Prequels trashology. Shit, I have yet to see a legit copy of the 3rd prequel to this day. We watched the cam rip at work when it hit torrents.

I never plan to watch the prequels again. Once was enough. Actually, gave the middle one a second chance at IMAX admittedly.
Last edited by Lulz~Sect; 12-14-2017 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: capitalized IMAX
Old 12-14-2017, 07:59 PM
Banned

the prequels were all better than TFA

adam driver dominated the screen with his sniffer. gross
Banned

Quote:

the visual language of the movie is turned to swiss cheese by a really hamfisted application of political agenda.

You don't have to be a mediocre white male to experience visceral revulsion when you see an expensive property with a Black Lives Matter lawn sign in front.
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gave the middle one a second chance
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtwoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really looking forward to my eyes rolling from the blatant pandering to everyone who isn't a white male.
So does that mean you're a fan of movies which pander to white males (ie. most movies ever made)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with the logic there is that women like bad boys (well not all women of course, but it's common). If anything the new movies are doing wonders for the date-ability of thin pasty white guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also it's quite a logical leap to assume that because Rey has a black staff that it will somehow make women seek out men with darker complexions ... but what do you expect from idiotic white supremacy garbage?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-14-2017 at 08:04 PM..
Old 12-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Banned

Very funny Nilbog. In my defense the IMAX version was touted as a cinematic redo of the movie. It was still bad.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the prequels were all better than TFA

adam driver dominated the screen with his sniffer. gross
yes. as poorly edited and poorly delivered the dialogue was, the prequels still beat ass on the new movies.

The new flicks are missing that Star Wars vibe.

that said the D.C. Marvel Star Wars are still entertaining

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes. as poorly edited and poorly delivered the dialogue was, the prequels still beat ass on the new movies.

The new flicks are missing that Star Wars vibe.

that said the D.C. Marvel Star Wars are still entertaining
new ones are feelies. the editing and scene pacing is done by a computer. of course there's no vibe, it's machine language. jj abrams movies have been this since at least star trek remake #1.

can i get more flashing lights, loud sounds and scene changes at intervals scientifically calibrated to distract me from how crushingly depressing and un-charming this propaganda is please.
Last edited by hyejin; 12-14-2017 at 08:20 PM..
Closed Thread