Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well no, not at all, because there is literally precedent from the dev team in allowing not Classic things to be things.

In some cases unavoidable, in some cases just because they think it's easier, and in some cases probably because they don't care enough.

Nevermind that the timeline itself isn't 1:1 accurate, again undermining the point you thought you were making.
"If a few things are necessarily or deliberately unclassic, then nothing matters, hence everything can actually be unclassic just fine, according to my big boy brain" is universally the worst and laziest argument for anything on P99. Sorry. You may as well argue that because accounts weren't free in classic, there's no reason not to introduce the Nexus or PoK, because everyone can just make a port bot!

The time thing is just silly. Imagine an actual museum insisting on running an exhibit for the duration of their subject matter. "Come see our exciting exhibition on the early modern period, but don't wait too long, it closes in only three hundred years!" Or, sillier yet, closing the whole museum once it's run for the duration. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've never seen a Warder on P99 or Live. By the time I started playing here, they were already dead.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:26 AM
Kobold

Slight tangent, but if Project 1999 followed the same timeline as Live, we would be towards the end of Secrets of Faydwer where they had a Kerafyrm raid encounter.

Also, pretty much all Warder loot would be totally worthless by this time.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Not a classic request, move to resolved.

Wait till green99 to be cockblocked again from doing anything in Sleepers Tomb and you can cry again. Your tears are very important to us, keep em comming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry but I can't stand posts from new P99'ers in this thread. So sorry you missed out. These posts make me physically cringe and wretch
Imagine caring that much about your pixels (seek help)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry but I can't stand posts from new P99'ers in this thread. So sorry you missed out. These posts make me physically cringe and wretch
So what you're saying is that you wouldn't mind a server wipe & reset? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I'm hearing nobody is against it.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"If a few things are necessarily or deliberately unclassic, then nothing matters, hence everything can actually be unclassic just fine, according to my big boy brain" is universally the worst and laziest argument for anything on P99.
That's my point, yes.

Talking about Classis/not Classic is universally a waste of time.

It's an issue of what the devs like and don't like.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my point, yes.

Talking about Classis/not Classic is universally a waste of time.

It's an issue of what the devs like and don't like.
Just because the game was popular in 1999 doesn't mean the server devs should think like it's 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

MMO's have many QOL features now, many of which revolve around players being able to experience content or grab rare gear by investing X amount of time.
or we could always go the P2P model. Thats popular right?
Donate 10 bucks to reset the sleeper's tomb ;-)

Just saying, there's possibilities to be had here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CAPITALISM HOOOOOOOOOOOO

Personally I think a fair solution would be to just keep it a yearly reset, like a christmas thing. As I've said before, since the sleeper is a well known part of everquest (even if you've never seen end game, you'll still have heard the name "the sleeper" ), it would be a nice way to truly celebrate everquest in it's prime.
..unless of course you don't want this to be like everquest in 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because the game was popular in 1999 doesn't mean the server devs should think like it's 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...okay?

Not sure how that has anything to do with what I've been saying, but I agree with the statement.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
...okay?

Not sure how that has anything to do with what I've been saying, but I agree with the statement.
I mostly just reply, not to anything specific, and give my points of views on the overall topic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Rolls eyes.
Closed Thread