Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wau, that's dedication! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OK will do, since my clumsiness will get me in some kind of trouble sooner or later. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(edit)
Note to myself, during battle, make sure you are targeting yourself, before starting to heal!
Press tab to toggle between targeting yourself and your previous target.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about a wood or half elf for a rogue?
Wood elves can forage and iirc have Infravision. Half-elves can't see well, and are otherwise noteworthy for having the worst hats. Half elves can start in many different cities, and might have better stamina? Which, for rogue, basically STR followed by HP as a distant second are your only really important stats. Stamina gives real bad returns for rogues (for example my +2 stamina earring at level 20 gives me.. +3 hp) AGI is okay for survivability, as it adds straight AC and also when you're encumbered OR heavily wounded you receive an agi penalty. The higher your starting agi, the more cushion you have to still be able to run away and not get hit so hard. DEX is nice for crafting and okay for procs, but procs are double-edged in that many of them will draw unwanted aggro at random times.

I'd say pick your favorite city/rogue's guild/people to belong to, and go with that.

...except halfling.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Barbarians rogues get throwing boulders. Synergises well with their ability to crit on throw.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:05 AM
Aviak

anyone picking a rogue thats not barb will regret it later
Old 04-19-2020, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Best race stat wise if you're a min max kinda person is Barbarian or Dwarf.
tbh though, pick what looks best to you. it's so minimal at 60 that if you hate the look of your character I think that's worse than having optimal stats.

As a Wood Elf rogue with really shitty str and sta at start, I still manage to cap my str and sit at 220~ sta when fully buffed and i'm not in raid gear.
had I chosen Dwarf or Barbarian I may have capped my sta and had some more hp but I wouldn't have had the golden flowing elven locks....

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 04-19-2020 at 10:21 AM..
Old 04-19-2020, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

I can't possibly imagine playing a barb rogue.

No matter how good they are, slam or boulders or whatever. A sneaky rogue and barbarian just don't mix.

Shouldn't be allowed as class/race combo really.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

I don't think anybody has yet mentioned it and your posts suggest you don't have knowledge of it, but the game has a mechanic that allows you to determine the relative strength of an NPC. Right-click or press "C" when you have an NPC selected and you will receive a "consider" message. The color of the text indicates the monster's level relative to yours:

Red = 3 or more levels above
Yellow = 1-2 levels above
White = equal to your level
Blue = 1-4 levels below
Green = 5 or less below

I would stay away from yellows as a solo player with no experience. Some classes can take on yellows, but it requires time, patience, and usually class mastery. By level 10, even white-con mobs are probably a no-go. Greens typically give no experience.

Also, you will receive other information when you consider a mob, namely your faction with that mob. Pay attention to how the mob "looks at you". If it's "scowls at you, ready to attack" or "glares at you threateningly" then the mob will attack you if you get close. Anything else is safe, though merchants that "glower at you dubiously" will not sell or trade with you.

So in summation, keep your distance and use "C" before deciding whether or not to engage a mob and you will save yourself SO many deaths.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't possibly imagine playing a barb rogue.

No matter how good they are, slam or boulders or whatever. A sneaky rogue and barbarian just don't mix.

Shouldn't be allowed as class/race combo really.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2020, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Conan is obviously a warrior. Wields badass 2 handers that split enemies in two.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Conan is obviously a warrior. Wields badass 2 handers that split enemies in two.
You dont get to rewrite howards character! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread