Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 06:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adruidarkly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I missing something or would an in-game list like FBE be effectively the same with being more effort, having less audit-ability, and being more prone to cronyism?

It seems to me that all this pissy ax-grinding is because the camp hit an intersection of stupid. OP is stupid for not understanding that if the people ahead of them on a list aren't present to take over the camp, then it falls to them at the next spawn. Doesn't matter if it skips 1 or 10,000. Usually this would be corrected by the camp holder.

But this apparently confused two people or whatever it was currently holding the camp made who were too stupid to GTFO once they got their item. Once the item you are camping for drops, you move on. Those are the rules, they've worked fine for hundreds of players until this assembly of dumbasses showed up. Now you're all mad and making work for CSR because you couldn't work it out yourself.

Congratulations on being stupider than hundreds of people, I guess?
/thread
Old 08-04-2020, 06:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adruidarkly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I missing something or would an in-game list like FBE be effectively the same with being more effort, having less audit-ability, and being more prone to cronyism?

It seems to me that all this pissy ax-grinding is because the camp hit an intersection of stupid. OP is stupid for not understanding that if the people ahead of them on a list aren't present to take over the camp, then it falls to them at the next spawn. Doesn't matter if it skips 1 or 10,000. Usually this would be corrected by the camp holder.

But this apparently confused two people or whatever it was currently holding the camp made who were too stupid to GTFO once they got their item. Once the item you are camping for drops, you move on. Those are the rules, they've worked fine for hundreds of players until this assembly of dumbasses showed up. Now you're all mad and making work for CSR because you couldn't work it out yourself.

100% - Move to Resolved

Speaking of which, I had to spend hours last week working through a FBE dispute. Much more time then I've ever had to put into AC list management.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:42 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, community has gone soft since the heyday of blue. The people who know "how things work" at the top, regarding the economy and how the future life of a server like this plays out are taking advantage of the better intentions of the rest of the server with their spreadsheetquest farm conglomerate.
This guy gets it.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

South Ro 9pm
Old 08-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

/list would be amazing for this camp especially because of the lockout mechanism.

Imagine going to OOT because you actually need JBoots.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/list would be amazing for this camp especially because of the lockout mechanism.

Imagine going to OOT because you actually need JBoots.
You can substitute any camp name and item name in this statement, be it quest droppable or no drop, and the idea will sound preferable to many or most. But at some point the application of this approach creates a server that isn't actually what we are here for at all.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Doesn't matter if people are skipped.

A list without AFK checks will always be longer than a list with AFK checks in terms of actual # of ppl who end up camping the item you need to to wait behind.

Period.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
OP is stupid for not understanding that if the people ahead of them on a list aren't present to take over the camp, then it falls to them at the next spawn.
Come on, man. I was trying to do the right thing by the (silly) rules that everyone had agreed upon. I guess you can call that "stupid" if you want, because in hindsight I definitely feel stupid, but if I had to "feel stupid" for trying NOT to shaft 150 people, that further proves my point that this particular version of listquest is broken and needs to go away.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:03 AM
Aviak

Rather than just saying it should be scrapped, my suggestions for list improvement: top 6 people must be at camp. If someone in current top 6 leaves, they forfeit their spot and the group members notify the next person on list to get to camp.

Helps with the following problems (including some of OPs gripes):

- more list churn but less likely to end up in a scenario where no one is there to take camp
- prevents line hopping in situations with very long AC spawn time - people leaving and coming back or logging into top positions and bumping others that are presently online
- better ability to estimate your time commitment
- mitigate situations where a person is back to backing with alts
- more transparency
- reduce conflict

At the moment, I think top people on the list are usually hanging pretty close by anyway. This will more organically move through the list by who is online. If you don't have to worry about your #4 spot becoming #10 in the morning after a night of being in camp, you can make a decision if its worth the time commitment (once you're in the group, you get closer to spot 1 not potentially further away due to bad rng and time zones).
Last edited by jerryR; 08-05-2020 at 10:06 AM..
Old 08-05-2020, 10:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:

Every other camp in the game works without a google spreadsheet that you can access from outside the game for the purpose of camping it... but not really camping it. You know, playing EQ, but not really playing EQ.

That's where the problem lies. Other camp lists naturally peter themselves out toward the end of the night, with the occasional dedicated poopsocker who hangs out for over 24 hours until he falls asleep.

Scenarios: If I log on to play at a lower traffic time of day, I should be able to have a crack at - or a short list for - a normally contested camp... but I might not be able to find a group for XP, and my guildchat will be pretty quiet. Conversely, if I log on during a high-traffic time of day, I'll be able to get that xp group, or maybe do something with my guild... and thank goodness for that, because there's probably 10+ people waiting for that rare spawn camp. No problem!

The way it stands now, even if it's 6:00am, I can't log on and expect to beat the masses to the rare camp because I have to contend with people who can estimate when the best window of time to show up and usually sit their toons AFK at the camp (a bogus way to retain your place in line) because their name is approaching the top of some list that exists NOWHERE within the actual game itself. You've all turned camping the AC in OOT in to a fucking batphone scenario. Don't we have enough of that in p99?
Closed Thread