Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Sarnak

Default Server Trivia Event - 1am EST, 10 PST Tonight Saturday 5/4/13

Come one, come all to Triva in East Commonlands tonight at 1am EST, 10 am PST.

The rules are simple - I will be asking a series of questions encompassing a wide variety of trivia - everything from sports to technology to arts and entertainment and more. (Hint - I am a historian sooo /whistle). Questions will be asked by the Shady firepot in EC and answered in say.

1 pt will be awarded to the person who types in the first correct answer. There will be a time limit on answering - maybe 5, maybe 10 seconds - help prevent googling the answers.
Not sure how many questions I will ask - leaning towards 30 or 40 at the moment.

Prizes will be awarded -

1st Place - 15k plat
2nd Place - 10k plat
3rd Place - 5k plat
4th Place - 3k plat
5th Place - 2k plat

Everyone come out and have some fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also if you feel the need to troll I'll just put ya on ignore. Had that problem the last time I tried to do this for the sever sigh.
Actually if a GM wants to come out and watch for trolls that would be much obliged.

Flippie Floppie - 60 Monk
Kental Cowtipper - 60 Warrior
Old 05-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Next time I can assist you if you'd like... keeping score, watching for the first correct answer, etc. Just let me know!

You know i love those trivia games!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Very nice! I will save my give away for tomorrow night =)
Old 05-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Remember Flippie doing this like 6 months ago in EC. Gave out some PL time as reward. Stand up guy. If i wasnt so tired i would join in. Good luck to everyone.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Orc

And so the "giving back by TMO" continues. At 2-15k, TMO can afford pennies to the poor if it means increasing their rep on the server. The 1% of the world do the same thing by "donating" to various charities.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:52 AM
Sarnak

Sad how I try to do something fun for the community, yet I'm bashed on message boards for not "giving enough". I had several people tell me this was the most fun they've had on p99 so far. It took time and effort to organize this and platinum of my own.
This wasn't a TMO event. This was an event I like to do myself. I just happen to be a TMO member.

Anyway...

Congrats to the winners. After 2 hours of Trivia the rankings were:

1st Place - Agnaeda with 5 correct answers - 15k
2nd Place - Kuroda with 3 Correct answers in the main round, 1 in sudden death - 10k
3rd Place - Jeremy with 3 Correct answers in main round, 1 in sudden death rd 2 - 5k
4th Place - Barahir with 3 Correct answers in the main round - 3k
5th Place - Maugrym with 2 Correct answers in the main round, 1 in sudden death -2k

I should be making this a monthly or bi-monthly thing from here on out. Thank you to all who participated - it was a good turn out.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulzol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And so the "giving back by TMO" continues. At 2-15k, TMO can afford pennies to the poor if it means increasing their rep on the server. The 1% of the world do the same thing by "donating" to various charities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Remembers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^this guy gets it.

Furiously spinning that PR campaign as they steal epics from people, train, exploit, and shit up the server nonstop.
While I don't disagree that those are indeed the kinds of things TMO does, unless this particular poster is a known perpetrator of such actions I wouldn't fault a single person doing a generous act for the actions of the guild he happens to share a name with.

Keep up the fun and games OP, Everyone hates your guild, doesn't mean they all hate you.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulzol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Banned

35K is half a fungi... That's nothing to sneeze at. Just saying.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

i USED TO HATE tmo BUT NOW i LOVE THEM THANKS kENTAL