Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you think I'm worried Thorne is going to bite it on the show? Actually I can envision a scenario where Snow and Thorne play nice. Melly rez's Jon and he wakes up and is like "sorry I broke my vows dudes, but I died so I'm no longer night's watch so I do what I want" and takes off for Winterfell. Bloody revenge is kind of predictable, so I doubt they go that way. But like I said, Ghost gotta eat. If he snacks on Thorne, so be it. Not really invested in what happens on the show.
Hey. Just kidding around - since we were just on that topic. I went back and read the first couple chapters of the first book the other day. I think Bloodraven communicated directly with Jon when he turned back to find Ghost. He's been helping Jon since the second chapter. I think Jon will end up doing whatever he learns from Bloodraven and/or Bran when he's out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Sarnak

You wear the tinfoil well =)
Old 12-08-2015, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You wear the tinfoil well =)
Tinfoil needed to keep aliens from reading one's mind. A man knows.

BR sent the direwolves to Starks. Jon heard Ghost when no one else could - yet Ghost is know being silent. The raven told Jon Bran was going to live. It told Jon to burn the wight in Mormont's room. It burst out of crock during election and swayed vote. He called Jon "King". Ghost lead Jon to the obsidian cache on the Fist. BR sent Coldhands to save Sam's bacon (great scene), and later to lead Bran to the Cave. Etc. Etc. BR's got the Old God's skills. You on-board?
Old 12-09-2015, 01:29 AM
Sarnak

It is known.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:19 AM
Fire Giant

Double post. That new Preston joint is hot.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Pretty quiet around here. Here's something to think about -- Roose drops some hints. I have a feeling Dany won't see the WWs in the book.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/12/15...dent-season-6/
Old 12-28-2015, 02:36 AM
Fire Giant

Found this on page four slackers.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found this on page four slackers.
Board is in a prolonged slump.

HBO started re-running Game of Thrones series couple of days ago and i've caught about a half dozen episodes here and there. I'm sure this board was all over it at the time, but cutting Coldhands was a cheap story-telling shortcut. Unforced error.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

WHERE THE FUCK IS BOOK 6
Old 12-29-2015, 08:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WHERE THE FUCK IS BOOK 6
The crypts of Winterfell? Hardhome? I read books several years ago, so 6 is the first one I've had to wait on. I was thinking recently about all the loose plots were out there, and how hard it will be to wrap them all up - if that's Martin's intention. Simple stuff, like, Rob's wife. We ever gonna know what happened to her? What about Robert's bastards? They gonna figure into this somehow?

Anyway, how will you prepare for 6 when release date announced? Will you re-read? How much? Where will you start?
Closed Thread