Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 11-30-2022, 04:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoutoftrol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might not get arrested but it will slowly but inevitably destroy the game for you. Every buff will be optimally cast. What's that? 15 minutes left on everybody's buffs? better med early. No more close call, no more surprises, just meticulous execution of your few tasks. You'll eventually find yourself indistinguishable from a robot. Why are you even doing this? You've been in the same group doing the same thing for hours staring at timers.

Remember getting lost and stumbling into a new NPC? Don't worry that won't happen. Only the direct route for you. The third party gamer.
t. shitter
Old 11-30-2022, 06:05 PM
Banned

Raid bot triggered
(lol)
Old 11-30-2022, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

of course its a GNOME in this video.

god damn gnomes.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:50 PM
Kobold

I'm okay with buffs not having visible timers. On major buffing classes I pair up similar length buffs and cast them at the same time. The next pair gets staggered back a bit and then next pair, etc. Works for me but I'm a bit lost with dots and slows dropping without a message. I try to recast when mobs get to a certain level of health but it's obviously not efficient. I've been avoiding going the GINA route.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:01 PM
Sarnak

Imagine needing your hand held in this game
Old 11-30-2022, 11:04 PM
Banned

When I can in my head time my next cast of root or mez from memory to land roughly the second that it fades, I tell myself I’ve played this game too much

And I’ve played it far less than most

Definitely shouldn’t need a timer for buffs when solo at least. You haven’t memorized a fairly accurate idea of when they’ll fade from having cast them 98375 times before?
Old 11-30-2022, 11:44 PM
Banned

your shit post has worn off
Old 12-01-2022, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your shit post has worn off
Default UI users 4 life
Old 12-01-2022, 03:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoutoftrol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might not get arrested but it will slowly but inevitably destroy the game for you. Every buff will be optimally cast. What's that? 15 minutes left on everybody's buffs? better med early. No more close call, no more surprises, just meticulous execution of your few tasks. You'll eventually find yourself indistinguishable from a robot. Why are you even doing this? You've been in the same group doing the same thing for hours staring at timers.

Remember getting lost and stumbling into a new NPC? Don't worry that won't happen. Only the direct route for you. The third party gamer.
IDK how I feel about this statement just because when I played on Green, most raiding guilds required me to have Gina installed. And I was also playing a Shaman (and I'm playing it now) and I found the game less enjoyable with melees bitching me out 24/7 because I didn't know when 1 of my 10 buffs wore off of them, lol.

But realistically I'm on Blue now, and I've never had a group in the 40 levels I've played my Shaman here, and 44 levels I've played my Cleric here, and I just find it irritating when I'm solo'ing and no longer get messages for when my DoTs wore off. I feel like if I had had these DoTs before the "worn off" message was removed I would have a better idea of when it was time to refresh them, but I got them both all after the messages had been removed and it feels like I'm not solo'ing as efficiently as I could be (which is important when you're competing with other players for mobs and camps).

Not really interested in this for buff tracking ATM, feel like Gina would prob be better for that anyways. But when I saw this video (it was recommended to me by the YouTube algorithm; I didn't search it out, I wondered if something like this was actually allowed).
Old 12-01-2022, 03:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of course its a GNOME in this video.

god damn gnomes.
I was in that guild for 4 hours before I rage quit (most of my friends rage quit in under a week) because of how rude the officers were. This was long before Kunark came out, so it may have changed a lot since then.