Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 06:05 AM
Kobold

Here is nparse, which i use as well.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=289949

There is also EQ GPS, which uses the old eq atlas maps and eq live maps. To use eq live maps just right click and select eq live maps.

http://www.klathsoft.com/
Old 12-20-2019, 07:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The logs will be in a folder called Logs in your EQ directory (ie, mine is D:\Everquest\Logs\eqlog_charname_project1999.txt).

I screwed up on xliz, it's actually zliz. I actually run all 3 for different reasons. ZLiz for the maps, I prefer their maps, they use the old ones from eqatlas.com. I use nparse for the spell timers. Gina does it as well but you need to download a bunch of other peoples templates and whatnot, NParse has all the spell info in it's own database. Finally, I run Gina as well because the audio triggers for invis dropping or charm breaking are invaluable. You can also set it to do an audio alert if you receive a tell so you don't miss it.

Here's some links:
http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap (zliz mapping software)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=289949 (nparse mapping and spell timers)
https://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/ (gina, spell timers)
Wow! Thank you for all of that. I already use and love Zliz. I don't know how I ever lived without it. As for the others, I'll definitely check them out. These can all be used on Green/Teal correct?

Also, looking at my log file I found out who killed me...

Kazlo Naedra punches YOU for 96 points of damage.
You have been knocked unconscious!
You have been slain by Kazlo Naedra!

And

Madame Serena says, 'I put a curse upon thee! Thou shalt never sire children!'
You are stunned!
Madame Serena pet bashes YOU for 13 points of damage.
Madame Serena pet slashes YOU for 14 points of damage.
Madame Serena hits YOU for 3 points of damage.
You have been slain by Madame Serena!
Last edited by keglo; 12-20-2019 at 07:20 AM..
Old 12-20-2019, 07:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is nparse, which i use as well.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=289949

There is also EQ GPS, which uses the old eq atlas maps and eq live maps. To use eq live maps just right click and select eq live maps.

http://www.klathsoft.com/
Thank you! I'll check them out.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Kazlo is part of the Good Qeynos caster guilds so watch out for him. Probably best to just use the Catacombs until you get invis.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 12-20-2019, 01:17 PM
Aviak

I main Necro and just telling you now if you try and do those quest gnoll fangs you will screw yourself over.

It gives great exp and faction for the good side of the guards in Qeynos BUT on the flip side it destroys your corrupt guard faction. So that means if you try going near the Necro guild in the catacombs you will be KOS and can never buy your spells.

So we as Necros have to skip over those quest and just do the good old classic grind mobs.

What I did on my Necro was run to FP on my DE and do 1-4 right outside the West FP gate because mob spawn is crazy there and tons of skellies.

5-8 in in Befallen killing rats and skellies near the zone line crazy fast because of ZEM.

8-12 random trash mobs in EC or WC like bears etc.

At 12-16 you can start your 6 min Bard diet with Misty back near Queynos for great chill exp and good money. You sell all the loot to evil vendor that spawns at night behind the the house. In day it's a good vendor.

That should hold you off for a bit till you ready to find the next place to hunt.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I main Necro and just telling you now if you try and do those quest gnoll fangs you will screw yourself over.

It gives great exp and faction for the good side of the guards in Qeynos BUT on the flip side it destroys your corrupt guard faction. So that means if you try going near the Necro guild in the catacombs you will be KOS and can never buy your spells.

So we as Necros have to skip over those quest and just do the good old classic grind mobs.

What I did on my Necro was run to FP on my DE and do 1-4 right outside the West FP gate because mob spawn is crazy there and tons of skellies.

5-8 in in Befallen killing rats and skellies near the zone line crazy fast because of ZEM.

At 12-16 you can start your 6 min Bard diet with Misty back near Queynos for great chill exp and good money. You sell all the loot to evil vendor that spawns at night behind the the house. In day it's a good vendor.

That should hold you off for a bit till you ready to find the next place to hunt.
Thank you for this. I might actually consider this route. Dark Elves have always been my favorite race, but I never play them because they are evil and I never wanted to deal with all of the negative aspects of that. But since my Necro is going to have problems anyway, I might as well pick a Dark Elf. Although I have never liked the dark elf city. I find it very confusing.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for this. I might actually consider this route. Dark Elves have always been my favorite race, but I never play them because they are evil and I never wanted to deal with all of the negative aspects of that. But since my Necro is going to have problems anyway, I might as well pick a Dark Elf. Although I have never liked the dark elf city. I find it very confusing.
You can do gnoll fangs and access the Necro Guild in Qeynos just fine

Just enter the catacombs through The Arena

Once you zone, it's right there
Old 01-07-2020, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This guy doesnt know what hes talking about. I leveled my gnome necro from 8 to 16 in the qeynos area without any issues.

Use invis to run to the catacombs entrance at the arena. The evil guild trainers are literally right around the corner from the zoneline into the catacombs. As a gnome necro it took approximately 5 gnoll kills to go nonKOS with the qeynos guards and by the time I had leveled to 16 (primarily from gnoll fangs) I was max warmly with all the guards, the paladin/cleric guild, and even non kos with the caster guild somehow.

Invis through the city, turn in gnoll fangs to quest giver next to the warrior trainers who were apprehensive to me basically the entire time then reinvis and run to the docks to turn in the moonstones.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Erudite necros are KoS by the Order of Three wizards that roam South Qeynos. There are two of them, they are high level, and they roam much of the zone and have a fairly wide aggro range. Erudite necros are also KoS by Gash Flockwalker who roams the dock area. It is very dangerous for Erudite necros, without gather shadows, to be in South Qeynos.

Erudite Necros can still do the gnoll fang quest but they must enter the arena from the catacombs entrance/exit under the arena.

I heard there was some way to raise Order of Three faction for Erudite Necros but I can't remember what it is.
Last edited by Arakash; 01-10-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Old 01-10-2020, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

From http://wiki.project1999.com/Order_of_Three

I sure as hell wouldn't bother:

Strategy to Raise From KOS
1. Create a new character who isn't KOS, or ask a non-KOS friend for help.

2. Have them go to the Hall of Sorcery and find Daenor Casthopur.

3. Say "Tell me about Neclo." to receive the Lore Quest item, which is not No-Drop.

4. Transfer the note to your KOS character.

5. Go to Qeynos Hills and be a high enough level above Neclo Rheslar that he will not attack you when you approach him.

6. Put the note in trade, drink a Cloudy Potion or have a friend cast invisibility on you, then hit Accept ... .

7. Repeat steps 2-6 until you are are considered dubious in wolf form

8. Do Unsar's Call instead

Originally from this forum post by Aalderon Crystafire: [1]

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Closed Thread