Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Default Annoying question about the Hole.

My dilemma is this, I'm not really a full on roleplayer but I really don't like to kill good/non hostile mobs if I can avoid it.

My dwarf is a Brell Worshipper, so by some weird racial innate he's non-KOS to the elementals in the Hole who are servants of the same god.

I also, in a kind of OCD don't like the idea of doing something I can't undo...

However, the Hole is where all the cool kids are partying these days... And there's an 'exp bonus'...

There is a mixture of KOS ghosts and Rats along with the elementals.

However I can't realisitically go with a group and only kill (every other?) mob. Either people die or I'm leeching.

Is there any spot that could feasibly and effeciently be camped in the zone that's just ghosts/rats?

Or am I stuck with just never going to Hole despite the exp and red dragon scales? :'(
Old 05-24-2020, 11:18 AM
Kobold

There are two areas that work, but you'll probably have to bring your own group to avoids PUGs incidentally pulling nearby factioned stuff.

First, the Rat Jail - just beyond the drop down there's a hallway that leads to the square area with #13 and 14 on the wiki map. Mixture of static rats and pathers. Nothing on Minions of Underfoot faction as long as you don't go back through the door at the top of the steps. Watch out for the nondescript Ratman Guard who hits like a truck. Pretty great exp spot for a small group, so I'm guessing heavily camped these days.

Undead Tower - 1-6ish on the map. The lower courtyard has a golem that wanders in and a few Fallen Erudites that pop out of the coffins that will hurt your Underfoot faction, but once you get inside it's all factionless ghosts. Fairly tough spot, mobs are tough to land spells on and half of them harmtouch. Barely camped at all because there's much easier exp to be had elsewhere in the zone for most.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Blow that faction and get on with it..

OT: You can farm the mobs already mentioned, but it won’t ever work out without you taking some faction hits on the way. And PUG’s usually don’t camp the specific mobs that won’t hurt your faction.

I guess you could pre-make a group for Undead Tower and jump down the pit from Paineel. Then calm your way to UT from Yael or stay out of the fights against elementals on the pathway there.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Hole is a BYoG kinda place and if you don't want to trash faction there's City of Mist for the same level range
Old 05-25-2020, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hole is a BYoG kinda place and if you don't want to trash faction there's City of Mist for the same level range
Hole is not BYoG anymore after the ZEM increase. Also CoM 2nd and 3rd floor sucks. Go to Karnors instead.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

There's rarely under 15 people there and it often goes over 40...lots of rooms for groups, crazy exp
Old 05-26-2020, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hole is not BYoG anymore after the ZEM increase. Also CoM 2nd and 3rd floor sucks. Go to Karnors instead.
CoM 2nd and 3rd are rarely camped, this is true. Karnors...I've found that unless you are pulling most of the zone, the exp per hour is not really worth it. Howling Stones is pretty good xp with discrete pockets to farm. Usually just 1 to 4 people in there and you can stay there from 50 to 60, damn-near.

edit: Of course, with Howling Stones, there are reasons people don't want to go there. Faction, is one of them. Doing anything in HS will obliterate your Venril Sathir faction, preventing you from using any of the merchants in the outpost and completing the Overthere Hammer quest (you should do that ASAP, though, anyway, if able to). Bear in mind that you can still bank at the Outpost if KoS, just need to be very careful, open the door, and swing your camera angle around so you can right click on the banker from behind the wall. HS is, also, a dangerous zone by nature — wipes can make for difficult corpse recovery unless you have a necro with coffins corpsed outside.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Last edited by LazyHydras; 05-26-2020 at 10:00 AM..
Old 05-31-2020, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason to do Karnor's is VS/VSR raids. It blows otherwise: too easy to have a swarm train and not that great exp. CoM isnt much better but the bonus for exp makes it doable.
Closed Thread