Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Default is the server/hardware dying or is this riduclous zone time now some bug?

Half the time I zone now I get a massive load time 2+ miins. About 20% of the time it will take 5+ mins and i just kill the client cause its obviously not working. Then when i try to log back in I get "unknown error" for 3-5 mins when try to join server.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's just you.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Not saying that's not happening to you, but I've yet to have a zone take more than 5-8 seconds, although this machine is very fast and the main drive is an M2 SSD running on PCI. So either the problem is tied to particular zones I haven't gone to, or it's something on your end. My first guess would be whether you're running short on mem, and some zones don't cross the threshold but others do.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

My hard drive is dying on my three week old computer? Prolly not. Something is wrong with the server/code/bug from latest patch. Try to zone a bunch of different times different places and you'll see.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

If you are the only one it happens to it doesn't matter how old your pc is
Old 12-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenkiller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are the only one it happens to it doesn't matter how old your pc is
Who says it is?
Old 12-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Sarnak

No one, just saying no one else here has said anything and I've yet to see anyone mention it in game all day.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

Third option is that it's an issue on your end. I don't know that people have been having issues zoning, I'm certainly not.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Did you install in a root hard drive folder?

C:\P99\

etc? If not, try that.

Failing that, put your install on a USB and try a fresh install and see if the same thing happens? Start the process of seeing what it is and isn't <3

EDIT: Also, if you're playing on a wireless connection - try plugging an ethernet cable in, however inconvenient that might be, just to test it. I found back when I was living elsewhere that my connectivity to the server was definitely hampered sometimes by wireless.
Last edited by Swish; 12-15-2019 at 08:43 PM..
Old 12-15-2019, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Well I finally decided to sit there for 5+ mins of it essentially locking up when changing zones. Eventually it shows a black screen, and then a couple mins after that it boots you back to the account loggin screen. When you put in your loggin info, you will log into a completely blank sever select screen. There is nothing there. This is happening constantly and only started happening after the patch. I'm using a cable modem with no router or any other bullshit with nothing but the titanium install and running it under windows XP in compatibility mode. it's a couple week old 2k gaming rig.

There is an obviously problem here and it's not on my end.
Closed Thread