Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 07:17 AM
Sarnak

Default Project1999 main page. Currently on Kunark expansion?

So I'm sure this has been noticed by many and perhaps a thread has already been started that I did not find browsing and using the search function on the forums...this may even be the wrong sub forum for this info and if so I apologize.

Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, currently in the Kunark expansion and a max level of 60, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be. Project 1999 is the best and most popular classic Everquest experience.

It may be a minor thing but might give potential people looking to join the wrong idea on where this server currently is expansion wise. A small change to "currently in the Velious expansion" seems like a easy fix. With everything going on with the new expansion perhaps this has just been over looked. If a derv could just give the main page a one over and change this it would be more accurate for those wanting to enjoy past the Kunark expansion.

Kinda a random side note - Well more of a suggestion then a fix that is needed per se - (this part can be ignored by dervs but hopefully considered) So many in game and forum arguments start and end with "that's not classic" or "that's classic." Perhaps a slight rewording would be more accurate. It does state it gives the look and feel of the old interface with several modifications making it similar to how the game used to be. (Similar being key) For the most part that is true. Most people though seem to get stuck on the word "classic" a bit to literally considering what is said on the main page of the website. Perhaps this point should be more of a focus and expanded upon - a slight rewording like "reinvented" or "re-imagined" (or something of a similar nature) added with the word classic instead would stop people from sticking to such a strict stand point on what to expect. Considering we can only get so close to classic with titanium limitations and tbh with the dervs prerogative on their server - emphasis on their server - that we have free to play access to. Always room for improvements of course considering but all and all we have a great server - that be it slow sometimes does caters to the player bases needs quite well.

Cheers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[56 Preserver] Petrified Wood (Wood Elf) <The Second Sons>
[60 Warlock] Deathand Darwinism (Iksar) <The Second Sons>
Old 09-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Scandalous
Old 09-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Aviak

That was a lot of words.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

tl;dr
Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

I almost didn't play here when I saw that because I wanted Velious.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

First point - good catch
Second point - nah
Old 09-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Banned

This post has the look and feel of a classic post.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

I was waiting for the tl:dr posts - that is to be expected when it takes more then a few sentences on these forums to express an idea. Other part was just my late night opinion/thought I had past the initial in Velious not Kunark issue on the website. Love the free thinking and expression though - keep any comments coming! Tons of strong opinions via these forum which is a plus in my book. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[56 Preserver] Petrified Wood (Wood Elf) <The Second Sons>
[60 Warlock] Deathand Darwinism (Iksar) <The Second Sons>
Old 09-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrified Wood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was waiting for the tl:dr posts - that is to be expected when it takes...Velious not Kunark...strong opinions...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Its a conspiracy, servers getting rolled back to kunark next patch.
Closed Thread