Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Default DAOC: Uthgard Revamp v2.0

As most of you are probably aware by now, Uthgard is in the process of undergoing a major revamp. They are working on implementing and fixing everything they talked about for years but never got around to until now, such as;

-Shrouded Isles expansion (all zones/mobs)
-Shrouded Isles classes (fully working)
-Live NPC Pathing (which doesn't exist on any other daoc emu server atm)
-Old RA system
-Revised XP gain system
-Old Battleground Zones (Caledonia, etc.)

In order to reset balance to the entire server, they have wiped all the old accounts/chars, so when the server is up again - it will be like it was for the first time, but with everything already working like it should. To see the status and updates of the server, just check their front page/forums.

If you want to have a fun time and experience the server with veteran (non-elitist) players, you're welcome to run with us, whether you're new to the game or not.

Make a post in this thread with what class you intend on maining, and I'll update our list here, this way we'll know not to make too much of the same thing and have a well-balanced group/guild. The current list of players is preliminary, I'll add the rest once I confirm they will be playing again for sure.

It's not hard to learn how to play well, all it takes is time and desire to learn to play as a team, and we'll have more than enough practice on the way to 50 in the battlegrounds!

Battleground RvR Zones are (non-instanced):

Abermenai - Levels 15-19 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L2
Thidranki - Levels 20-24 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L3
Murdaigean - Levels 25-29 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L5
Caledonia - Levels 30-35 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L9

Installation:

Download the full client from the main web site: http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/downloads.

Download DAoC Portal: http://www.dolserver.net/daocportal/, after installing portal, the settings are self explanatory. DAoC Portal is a freeshard frontend for DAoC servers.

To create a new account you simply login with whatever user/pass info you want to use, and it will create your account.

When you attempt to login to Uthgard for the first time, DAoC Portal's Mod Manager will automatically install all needed patches, so there's no need to do it manually.

For class spells/abilities and to plan your char spec, use the Uthgard Character Builder

Using Web IRC (live guild chat room): you all can join our guild chat channel without having to download any software whatsoever. Just go to https://client00.chat.mibbit.com, select the server: Rizon, use your forum name as your nick, and channel: #uthgard, hit 'Connect', feel free to idle in there whenever possible - it'll be our main way of communication for quite a while!

I cannot say what we need most at this time, it will become clearer once we're actually up and running with our first chars.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 05-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

*Alright if someone is missing from a roster update, just make a post or PM me*

Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster v5: 52 total

Scrooge - Mentalist (Support Caster)
Fkfreeze - Mentalist (Support Caster) *uth*
engelburt - Mentalist (Support Caster)

Spyder73 - Warden (Support Melee Hybrid)

crith (ddd/web) - Druid (Support Healer)
Sorn - Druid (Support Healer)

Acez - Bard (CC)
Acez' Crew (+5 players) - undecided
Goobles - Bard (Support CC)
Weekapaug - Bard (Support CC)
Evia - Bard (Support CC)
Corwin (non-P99) - Bard/Druid? (Support Healer/CC)

Kilg0r - Eldritch (DPS Caster)
Oooruk - Eldritch (Moon/pbaoe bomber) (DPS Caster)
Oleris - Eldritch (DPS Caster)
Aalderon Crystafire - Eldritch (DPS Caster)
toastyoven - Eldritch/Enchanter *DPS Caster*

TreegreatesT - Enchanter (mana-spec/pbaoe) *Pet Caster*
Millburn - Animist (Pet Caster)
Cecily - Animist (Pet Caster)

Strifen - Blademaster *DPS Melee*
mortisha - Blademaster *DPS Melee*
Missingo - Blademaster or Ranger *DPS Melee*
Samwell - Blademaster *DPS Melee*
Foxxhound - Valewalker (DPS Melee Hybrid)
Tewaz - Valewalker (DPS Melee)

Skew - Ranger (Stealther DPS)
Ladros: Nightshade (Stealther DPS)

Daywolf - undecided
mrgoochio - undecided
Zar211 - undecided
Goliathan - undecided
Beastagoog - undecided
Rick Sanchez - undecided
xKoopa - undecided
Xaanka - undecided
arsenalpow - undecided
Sinadin - undecided
tristantio - undecided
Kodim - undecided
NegaStoat - undecided

Vorgarag - Animist
Yukon - Animist
Poprocks - Mentalist
Realmwarrior - Enchanter (DPS+Pet Caster)
Gnefner - Druid (Support Healer)
Lexical - undecided

P.S. I took out most of the alternative class choices to simplify the roster.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Can you explain how the RR rankings work and what their benefit is?
Old 05-02-2016, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gained via RVR (pvp, 3 different factions). Similar to AA's in EQ. Gives things such as extra crit chance for spells/melee, instant mana, more CC resistance etc. Stronger you become in RVR the stronger you become in PVE. Very fun game.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oleris said it right, but to break it down further; the PvP in this game has it's own XP bar, which improves by obtaining RP (realm points) by killing the enemy factions. Just as there are 10 bubbles to every regular level, there are 10 bubbles for the PvP level.

As you gain more RPs, once you gain a bubble, you get 1 RA (Realm Ability, aka EQ AA) point you can either save or spend on a bunch of various abilities. Each class has access to certain generic abilities, as well access to class-restricted abilities, and 1 unique ability specific to that class exclusively. Once you gain the 10 bubbles you gain what's called a RR (Realm Rank,) each level has it's own special title which is visible to the enemy above your head. Instead of seeing your name and guild name like your allies would, the enemy sees your Race followed by your Realm Rank (e.g. Kobold Stormur Vakten.)
Old 05-02-2016, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

I forgot to mention that with each Realm Rank you attain (every 10 RA points,) you also get +1 to ALL your Spec lines starting at RR2. So someone with RR3L0 (roughly 62k RP,) would have +2 to ALL your Spec lines. These bonuses stack with those given by items.

The Spec bonuses given by items uncap by a value of 1, every 5 levels, kind of like how your skills in EQ go up by +5 every time you level. So a lvl 50 character, can have a total of +11 bonus to his Spec lines, on top of which stacks the bonus from the Realm Ranks. As an example, a Level 50 RR3 character would have +13 to ALL Spec lines.

Spec bonuses affect your spells in that Spec line as if you actually trained it up to the total value, this can increase your direct damage and healing, as well as the Style damage for the melees. So a Druid with 5 Regrowth with a +5 spec bonus, would heal as if they had 10 Regrowth, but would not gain the actual spells obtained through training.

player roster update: one of my old friends from Uthgard, Vorhal will be joining us as well, as an Enchanter! Total players now at: 53!
Old 05-02-2016, 03:32 AM
Banned

I'm gunna be playing this with 2 IRL friends (aussies).
Old 05-02-2016, 06:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gunna be playing this with 2 IRL friends (aussies).
Will you be playing in Hibernia also, and if so, which classes did you have in mind? We're mostly a US-based guild, but we do have some members from Euro and other countries as well.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

If I play, ill probably either go chanter or Hero with a ranger alt
Old 05-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Aviak

Never played live but might have to try it. I'll have to research classes though, some sort of wiz or mage
Closed Thread