Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 12:24 PM
Aviak

Default When does Wu's armor recipes become available?

Wiki says mid-velious. Anyone with a more specific timeline for this? I don't see information about it on the timeline or with a search on the forum.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2021, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Some brief googling indicates march 2001 or maybe as late as may 2001. Green is still in dec 2000 era.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline

-Mcoy
Old 07-16-2021, 08:08 AM
Aviak

I swear I'm so sick of getting cockblocked by the timeline. I level up blacksmithing to 242 - oh wait! Fine plate ain't even in the game yet.

Woohoo Fine Plate is here! Oh, no one wants to buy it because it's already irrelevant by the time it comes out. Oh well. I'll do cultural armor instead.

Woohoo I can make cultural armor! Oh wait, it requires Blue Diamonds/Jacinths which are 1000pp each and rarer than hen's teeth, so rare that even after dungeon crawling the whole of sebilis for 6 hours I didn't find a single one. No problem. Guess I'll just wait until the reagent requirement is removed in the Warrens patch.

Ok let's do Tailoring instead! Velious was great for tailoring, right? Ok so I farm Crystal Spiders for 2 solid days. Level up my Tailoring to 151. Oh boy, can't wait to start making Wu's armor so I can level up to 242 finally.

OH WAIT WU'S ARMOR ISN'T IN THE GAME YET EITHER. The only high end Velious tailoring 200+ stuff requires you to fish cod out of CS (about as rare as Blue Diamonds, a guildie tried for hours yesterday and found only 1) or forage Yew Leaves (less rare but you better believe no one is levelling from 150 tailoring to 250 with black panther skin face masks).

Basically there's no point tailoring jack s--t until Warrens finally comes out, by which time the majority of the cultural armor is completely superceded by Velious drops - and that's not to even mention the "regular" high-end crafted stuff e.g. Elven Chainmail and the like.

Blacksmithing/Tailoring is essentially unfinished until Warrens comes out. Frustrating beyond belief.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Hey Chris.

I started playing on blue right when Velious came out. What you're describing is pretty similar to what blue was like. However just like on green most of the upper end people on blue didn't even think about trade skill stuff. On the other hand after mains were decently equipped it was time for alts to get geared up. I and most other alts didn't want to go through the old way of gearing up we turned to twink trade skill items.

Give it awhile and if you have decent prices and reasonable supplies of stock it'll be easy to sell full sets of gear to twinks.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Chris.

I started playing on blue right when Velious came out. What you're describing is pretty similar to what blue was like. However just like on green most of the upper end people on blue didn't even think about trade skill stuff. On the other hand after mains were decently equipped it was time for alts to get geared up. I and most other alts didn't want to go through the old way of gearing up we turned to twink trade skill items.

Give it awhile and if you have decent prices and reasonable supplies of stock it'll be easy to sell full sets of gear to twinks.
Great news. That's what I had in mind for my alts, to be able to make full suits of cultural for a new character - but selling them would be gravy. Thanks.
Closed Thread