Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

if you have 2 friends you don't have to skimp on sleep at all, but this does require one to have at least 2 friends, so its out of reach for lots of players.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation Get Your Holgresh Elder Beads Today!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

You, yes YOU, should be tipping DarkSydePhil during his streams so he can pay his bills.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs down He did not get his Holgresh Elder Beads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You, yes YOU, should be tipping Redacted during his streams so he can pay his bills.
That guy is an idiot who is like 48 and spent all his money on pro wrestling trash.
Don't even say his name, that guy is not worth it.

For others, do not look up this moron. You'll be wasting brain cells if you do.

@Loadsamoney please don't RnF in my Holgresh Elder Beads Thread!, If you want to argue about that waste of space, make a thread and I'll contribute towards it.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

I can't imagine not having elder beads.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up Treat yourself to some Holgresh Elder Beads

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2021, 02:43 PM
Aviak

After a certain point, what's the use?

It's clear that the majority of players on this server will not get an opportunity to camp Beads. I've seen one player alone sell 3x Beads, each for ~200kpp, in the last week or so. The only way to accomplish this (camping beads, that is) seems to be through having multiple people play one account.

I hope the people who are doing all this are enjoying themselves. Because it certainly doesn't seem to have a positive impact on the server and community. And that is my biggest issue with the whole situation. The economy on Green is so borked that I wouldn't recommend anyone start fresh on it nowadays. And it's not just for people who want "welfare pixels," raid loot, or other BiS gear. It makes playing as a "casual" (which in EQ means still spending thousands of hours playing) almost unbearable.

SCHW 4.5k? Howling Harpoon 4k? SoS 25k - 30kpp?

If you play on Blue or TAKP, you could obtain all these items for a fraction of the price (or free!). And you would have either a more flexible, modern UI/client or a more accurately classic one.

So unless you're like me and have already invested lots of time on your characters on Green, why play it? It isn't for the plethora of leveling groups anymore. It isn't for the chance to obtain legacy items, because those are either gone or unobtainable. Sure, there are plenty of great people to socialize and play with on Green, but it is a top heavy server ruled by guilds that continually promote anti-social behavior. And you know all those crazy eye-popping sticker prices on Green items we were talking about? Well no fear, because all the decent guards, giants, or other cash camps are perpetually camped as well!

It's a bummer because, overall, I have really enjoyed my time on Green. But let's not pretend like we have some glowing, amazing community here (we don't even have our own Guild forum...). Before Kunark released, I remember <Castle> would do weekly giveaways (think it was Saturday or Sunday) that they announced in the P99 Discord. Almost all the items were sub-100pp in value but that isn't even the point - it was awesome to see and experience as someone returning to EQ after two decades. And classic EQ is all about the community! It's what we all miss in modern MMOs with rampant boxing and RMT etc. But you don't really see community events/giveaways like that anymore (and this isn't a knock on Castle!)...

So yeah, I hope the people who are accumulating mountains of plat and being ultra "competitive" are enjoying themselves. It really won't make much of a difference when the population is dead, the servers merge, and the toxicity continues to circulate within this community. People will look elsewhere for their EQ fix.
Last edited by JDAm0nk; 07-14-2021 at 02:45 PM..
Old 07-14-2021, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

All list camps have to be done by multiple people playing the same account. No one has ever done 60 hours at their computer. So unless you have friends that you trust, don't listen to baler and live your life.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 07-14-2021, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every elder beads drop in the whole zone is subject to the list lockout. if you kill an elder at druid rings and it drops beads, the drop goes to the #1 sleep deprived AFKer in the caves.
Surely this isn't true!?

Surely the abomination known as /list, in addition to encouraging potentially lethal self-abuse, is not also laying claim to the efforts of unrelated third parties at a distance?

Disgusting if true. Really, really disgusting.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

SCHW 4.5k? Howling Harpoon 4k? SoS 25k - 30kpp?

If you play on Blue or TAKP, you could obtain all these items for a fraction of the price (or free!). And you would have either a more flexible, modern UI/client or a more accurately classic one.
Can't get Beads for a fraction of the price on Blue that's for sure.

But the beads should be in game for ~5 more months. Just wait - list was already down to 10 the other day. If they fix the issue with Beads dropping outside the cave being locked to /list then even more Beads should enter the economy.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread