Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 12:05 AM
Fire Giant

Default Just a weird idea I daydreamed earlier.

I don't think something like this would ever happen as it would likely require some custom coding to really make work. But I genuinely wonder how it would go if we had a FFA Team PvP event in the Arena where the teams were based on deity. What the teams would look like, and how things would play out. It could be interesting I think. It would be a cool way to see what deities are most popular in the game and the types of players that would pick them. You'd probably have some player agreements and alliances form for the duration of the battle as well as certain behaviours depending on the class. My initial thoughts regarding each deity and how the teams would go.

Agnostics: This would be a decently sized team. A lot of players likely pick agnostic when they can. This team would have almost all of the server enchanters, many rogues and bards, some warriors, and some non-necro casters. It would lack the support of priest and knight classes, and sadly while enchanters are the most terrifying PvE class, they lack greatly for PvP. Nevertheless they would be a contender I think.

Bertoxxulous: Some humans, some gnomes, maybe a couple of half elves. Probably wouldn't be a very numerous one. You'd have a few necros, a couple of SKs, and a scattered few weird folk who chose the Plaguebringer on a neutral class. But Bertoxxulous has a unique flavor that appeals to a certain taste and those who do choose him tend to be pretty gung-ho about it, and that could give them an edge.

Brell Serilis: Many dwarves and a few gnomes and halflings. Dwarf clerics and paladins are pretty popular as far as their classes go, and they are pretty sturdy. Some folks choose Brell knowing the advantage they get in the Hole. This would be a small but tough nut to crack I think.

Bristlebane: Another pretty small team. Some halfling clerics and maybe a few rogues and bards. As RP appropriate the diety is for them, most rogues and bards don't actually choose Bristlebane I think. Given the closeness in the lore I could see them teaming up with the Brell folks.

Cazic-Thule: In my opinion this would likely be the most numerous team. You've got all the Iksar, a min-max race, and you'd have many trolls, ogres and erudites to back them up as well. They would however lack class diversity, and the size of this team might put a target on their backs that could cause problems for them.

Erollisi Marr: A few humans and high elves. Maybe a bard or rogue as well. This would be a small team unfortunately, given my attempts to find a cleric of this particular deity back in the day. I could see this and the Mithaniel one basically being one and the same though.

Innoruuk: Another tough contender. Many dark elves, many trolls, and a few humans. Innoruuk priests are very popular due to the snare clicky, and he is a popular deity in lore from a RP standpoint. I don't think his team would be as numerous as Cazic's though. If the Cazic and Innoruuk teams worked together it would be a pretty bad thing for everyone all around.

Karana: You've got a decent mix of races and classes here. You've got all the halfling druids, and many of the human and half elf ones. You've got some high elf and wood elf followers as well. Just about any non-evil class can pick Karana as a deity. Whether they actually do is a question that is unanswered, but the potential is there. They would be a strong team I think, even stronger if they teamed up with the Tunare folks.

Mithaniel Marr: Arguably the second most popular paladin deity, and the neutral classes that want to add some honor and goodness to their flavor tend to choose him as well. All in all though I think it would still be a relatively small one, though it would make total sense for them to team up with the Erollisi team.

Prexus: Going to be a pretty small team here sadly. The arguably least popular cleric and paladin race follows this guy, and maybe a couple of scattered Erudite casters along with that single weird half elf warrior who picked him. Best of luck is all I can say to the oceanlord's chosen.

Quellious: Much of what I wrote about Prexus applies to Quellious too. You can throw a couple of human monks into that mix, but all in all you will not likely have much of a force there. Which I suppose wouldn't really fit in a big battle type setting to begin with anyway. Sorry you guys. xD

Rallos Zek: The majority of the server's warriors and many ogre shadowknights and shamans, the most infamous min-max race in the game. Throw in a few bard skalds who picked him and you've got a decent force here. None of these guys are going to go down easily.

Rodcet Nife: A few scattered Qeynosian humans and half elves on this team, but not much else. Sadly this team won't have much of a showing. Would be interesting to see them play defensively and focus on staying alive though.

Solusek Ro: The most popular deity on probably the strongest PvP class in the game. This team is going to be pretty much nothing but wizards, along with maybe a bard or two. It won't be a large team by any means, but it is definitely going to hurt whatever team they decide to focus on. I can picture this team playing as a suicide bomber of sorts. They won't last long but they are going to take something down with them, that's for sure.

The Tribunal: Many barbarians and a few humans and half elves. This is a weird deity choice that doesn't get a lot of attention, and will likely result in a rather small team. I don't think it will go down easily by any means though.

Tunare: Another pretty popular deity with a decent sized following. All of the druids that aren't on Karana's team are going to be on Tunare's. Her paladins are a legitimate choice for the Nature's Defender quest, and you'll see a decent mix of casters and clerics part of here as well. I think they will need to choose an alliance or two to really make a run for it.

Veeshan: The few Veeshan-following bards on the server are going to annoy the rest of the battlefield, definitely.

All in all, this is just something I thought about for fun, but I'd be curious to hear your guys' thoughts as well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by tadkins; 07-26-2021 at 12:10 AM..
Old 07-26-2021, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Ugh not another one
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 07-26-2021, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh not another one
Another one what?
Old 07-26-2021, 05:29 AM
Fire Giant

Battle Royale whoot!

I seriously just want to know how you typed all that with no typo. That's all.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Battle Royale whoot!

I seriously just want to know how you typed all that with no typo. That's all.
The idea would be to have each team be located at different parts of the big arena circle. I remember a GM event back in the day on Live where there was a big TZ/VZ style battle royale with the teams set up as they were on those servers (evils/shorties/humans/elves). This was on Solusek Ro though and the idea kind of came from that experience, which I remember fondly.

Nah there were typos, that's what the edits were. xD
Old 07-29-2021, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

I think you are remembering Sullon Zek.

There’s also a current deity server http://rotpvp.com/
Old 07-29-2021, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Tadkins sounds like you need to play an everquest PVP server dude. The excitement I sense from you is a real part of that
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

When Nirgon thinks about a new direction for these servers to go, he does not check the forums.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Why would you need coding? Just have everyone register teams and jump into the arena. They’re not gonna attack their own teammates
Old 08-02-2021, 10:12 PM
Skeleton

Epic post, those descriptions made me laugh
Closed Thread