Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Aviak

Default Iksar warrior gear

I understand that iksar warriors can't wear plate armor; anyone remember some gear pieces that were top of the line for them during Kunark era?
Old 12-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Kobold

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist....ionnaire+scale

Can't remember exactly when this stuff was added... around Velious?
Reiker is a 30 watt fluorescent bulb. Reiker is a former freelance writer. Reiker is not skilled in the craft of writing. Reiker is also Teacher of the Year at Apopka High School. Reiker is affiliated with 2 hospitals. Reiker is a remote controlled space heater in the winter. Reiker is rated "EXCELLENT" in the following areas:
Old 12-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Kobold

Until then, you gotta piece together whatever good Iksar Warrior usable gear you can find together such as http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=11974

There's a reason the whole can't-wear-plate thing only lasted one expansion... the AC bonus didn't offset the lack of gear options. In Velious Iksar get a lot better options and become top tier warriors.
Reiker is a 30 watt fluorescent bulb. Reiker is a former freelance writer. Reiker is not skilled in the craft of writing. Reiker is also Teacher of the Year at Apopka High School. Reiker is affiliated with 2 hospitals. Reiker is a remote controlled space heater in the winter. Reiker is rated "EXCELLENT" in the following areas:
Old 12-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

from what i remember in velious, even though iksar get better, they still aren't caught up to other warriors.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
from what i remember in velious, even though iksar get better, they still aren't caught up to other warriors.
Why do you say that? They get the same gear options as other warriors, and also have AC bonus and regen. The only competing races are Ogre (better stats, stun immunity, no AC bonus or regen) or Troll (slightly better stats, no AC bonus)

Even stats become more of a nonfactor in Velious especially if you're getting high end raid gear.
Last edited by Rahnza; 12-12-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

best warrior is gnome warrior
Old 12-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Kobold

karsten log into p99
Old 12-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

30 mins til dl done guy, then will configure etc
Old 12-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best warrior is gnome warrior
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That being said, i get so sick of people saying iksars are broken in Kunark, twinking a iksar warrior is the only thing thats a "little" off.....

Once the hate armor is put in it really does even out...

"But Tokum! They get hate armor and other warriors get Cobalt which has better AC and more HPs then hate armor!!!!"

Wrong.....because of iksars natural ac bonus the AC evens itself out, as far as the HPs go, take a look at Indicolite armor that drops in hate, and the iksar armor, almost EVERY piece of the iksar armor has HPs on it, Cobalt only has hps on the legs and bp, if you do the math you'll see it evens out....if anything the iksars get a advantage cause by the time Sony put in the hate armor they realized how much some of the stats on hate armor was just silly misplaced stats, Iksar hate armor has Str Sta Agi Dex, where as Indo has Int and Cha, so oGres can be smart and friendly o-O

I really wish people would stop complaining about this, I had a iksar warrior tank for me ALOT and as a cleric on live I could never tell a difference, if anything the iksar warrior in question normally took hits better then most other tanks in raids......

Again I am not disputing that there is a grey area during leveling that iksar warriors are alittle behind, but even that can be worked around by finding specific Kunark dropped items that were put there for iksar warriors leveling up......a example of this would be the 25ac 15str leather tunic dropped off the named giant in Burning Woods (Don't remember the name of the tunic and am to lazy to look it up atm) many items like this were added with kunark and tho it may be a pita to find and collect them all, welcome to EQ 8)
Fortitude 60 Clr
Allig 60 Mnk
~Former Divinity~
Old 12-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Aviak

Tunic in BW is called Tree Weave and drops from Gorgul Paclock.
Closed Thread