Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-08-2018, 02:01 AM
Large Rat

Default Full Screen mode dumping to window

Hi all,

Just installed, and I can't get my setup to stay in full-screen mode. There are certain spots on the full screen, seemingly random as to placement and size, where it changes my mouse points from the in-game pointer to a desktop pointer. If/when I click in that spot, it drops me back to desktop and forces the game back into an unsizeable, small window. I have tried returning to full screen via the usual methods, but the "clickable" zones remain and any time I click I'm dumped back to desktop. As an example, I was trying to make a new toon and the "Next" button for character creation could not be clicked as mousing over it made my pointer the Windows pointer and not the EQ pointer. Worse, when the game drops back into windowed mode, it cuts off most of the screen so I cannot click anything in windowed mode, leaving me no choice but to close the client by Task Manager.

Basically, something is causing the mouse pointer to think it is clicking the desktop instead of the game, making sections of the full-screen mode inaccessible to me.

Thoughts? Thanks
Old 12-10-2018, 05:35 AM
Large Rat

Please disregard- I fixed it.

For those in search of a solution, open your EQClient.ini file w/ Notepad, and edit the resolution parameters so that both the full screen and the windowed dimensions match. This may not fix your problem right away upon booting up the game, but once I "full screen cycle" it once I have no issues and can play full screen.

Happy adventuring!
Old 12-11-2018, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

I've got the same setup, basically a windowed mode that is as good as full screen, hangs over the windows taskbar etc... it's handy, and alt+tab or minimizing the window are both possibilities.

Just don't do the alt+enter thing on P99 (to attempt to go full screen), the client doesn't like it much :/
Old 12-15-2018, 08:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

When I've done this it won't let me save the file... stating i need permission from the owner, any ideas?