Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

I didnt realize Wizards were ever un-AFK long enough to actually do anything in game aside from leech XP from the contributing members of the group
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-17-2018, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didnt realize Wizards were ever un-AFK long enough to actually do anything in game aside from leech XP from the contributing members of the group
I lold

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouped with plenty of good wizards. Actually, BARDp1999, the last worthless member of a group I saw was a bard who played one song for 4 hours.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Port to hate.
/disband
Gate out.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hah, is the wizard port high in the air or something that allows for "magically" scaling the wall? Can anyone in EJ do this if they get into the area of the wizard port?

I've had a few unsuccessful journeys home to Cabilis using the druid port option, would love to learn a bit more on this. For 30- and even 40-something lizards, this would be great information (as the run from the druid rings can be perilous with all of the stuff that can see invis in EJ).

In any case, thank you for the continued helpful posts here on the forums!
There are a couple of spots along the cliff wall that can be traversed vertically along the edges of the terrain features. If you have ever played any of the newer Bethesda games it's similar to how you can climb damn near any mountain by abusing the seams connecting the polygons that comprise the map.

It basically boils down to a flaw in the games engine, which is normally mitigated by using invisible walls. Since the cliff runs through the middle of the map, the developers couldn't really block it off like the zone edges are.

It's a huge time saver, and I've used it to descend multiple times trying to get low leveled Iksar to CoM to loot no drop stuff. The stairs can be difficult to manage due to spawns at the top and bottom. Hope that satisfied your curiosity!
Old 12-17-2018, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Its just that the wizard zone in spot lines up perfectly to run west up the wall and into the FOB. Its super convienant.

If you dont know which way is west.. When you zone in, face the wall perpendicular. Run at it. You'll run right up it like it aint there. Boop
Last edited by Cen; 12-17-2018 at 10:16 PM..
Old 12-18-2018, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you zone in, face the wall perpendicular. Run at it. You'll run right up it like it aint there. Boop
QFT
Old 12-18-2018, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

I support the wizards!
Old 12-19-2018, 02:30 AM
Sarnak

I'm not ganna lie I love seein a wizard porting at ramp in OT because I love going to Feltwithe for all my banking an reagent needs and spire is literally right there. It might even be closest town to a port in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-19-2018, 02:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had a few unsuccessful journeys home to Cabilis using the druid port option, would love to learn a bit more on this. For 30- and even 40-something lizards, this would be great information (as the run from the druid rings can be perilous with all of the stuff that can see invis in EJ).
and just to add to what was already said most DaP and others porting carry bat wings if you ask for a lev you can scoot up most walls really ez

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Closed Thread