Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: How much debt do you have?
$0-$4999 13 30.23%
$5000-$29999 4 9.30%
$30000-$99999 6 13.95%
$100000-$250000 12 27.91%
$3.339 trillion(2001 estimate) 8 18.60%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you like your mortgage?
That's a weird question. I wish I did not have one but I'd also rather not throw away money every month for rent in an apartment.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

0-5k. Car note paid off in 350 bucks (2 payments).
Once that's gone, I'm absolved of all debt. Also got about 3ish years of bills in cash, still working every day.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a weird question. I wish I did not have one but I'd also rather not throw away money every month for rent in an apartment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once that's gone, I'm absolved of all debt. Also got about 3ish years of bills in cash, still working every day.
Do you regret selling yourself into economic slavery?
Old 01-16-2021, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HA HA HA u drivin a BUCKEt son

just kidding, me too. i can't understand people who work for a living and don't drive buckets tbh. points to consumerist sickness. Like, I know you're treading water just fine, but do you have anything left with which to help others? are you liquid enough to, like, pick up your friends and leave for another country without endemic diseases when smallpox resurges in our newly 3rd world nation? do you get anxious and wish girls would pay for dates and stuff like a cuck? why are you okay with that? if you aren't rich yet, you aren't rich yet so drive a bucket. and God don't tell me you're some sad case with a weak ass 401k financial mediocrity plan and everything's on track for that $2 million at 65 dream.

i havent drove my ole bucket in months and months and months, the battery died cuz i didnt start it for awhile. still paying insurance, its like "The Man" makes u pay a note whether u rock tax free cash grips at the car lot or not.

i'm not totally in on this concept of mortgage-as-ownership. The opportunity cost lost in shoveling all that money into a veery slowly appreciating object, with your gains offset also by interest . . . reckon i'll buy my next house cash if i don't get one for free from a dead person or fan inside of 5 years or so. You know, from someone who finished paying off their house treadmill 3 years ago and no longer has any animating force left in them. and until then, bitcoin is going to 125k relatively soon. within a year pretty sure. listen, I'm a bitcoin heckler but it's going there just like that Tesla ponzi. so i'm glad i'm not paying $2500/mo to live and convincing myself it's investing. Every dollar of equity in there is dollars you put into kind of a weak investment, y'know. With expenses like that I'd have no love to give and I'd be bbbroke too, I retired at 29 my income is limited I need big returns not some +60% gain over 25 years offset by 58% interest premium paid but looks like i made money because of inflation.

so yeah, i'm renting an apartment but we'll see whether he whose laugh lasts laffs last. ps i'm trolling about the bitcoin, it's a lollegory for the whole juiced market which is wayyy better than real estate unless you're a low ambition billionaire looking to never lose their standing or maybe just want to safely leverage your position into a larger meta-objective like gaining first person political power.

edit: whoops I thought you meant your car was $700, lol
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 01-16-2021 at 06:06 PM..
Old 01-16-2021, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like the start of a conversation, with a communist, if you asked me.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HA HA HA u drivin a BUCKEt son

just kidding, me too. i can't understand people who work for a living and don't drive buckets tbh. points to consumerist sickness. Like, I know you're treading water just fine, but do you have anything left with which to help others? are you liquid enough to, like, pick up your friends and leave for another country without endemic diseases when smallpox resurges in our newly 3rd world nation? do you get anxious and wish girls would pay for dates and stuff like a cuck? why are you okay with that? if you aren't rich yet, you aren't rich yet so drive a bucket. and God don't tell me you're some sad case with a weak ass 401k financial mediocrity plan and everything's on track for that $2 million at 65 dream.

i havent drove my ole bucket in months and months and months, the battery died cuz i didnt start it for awhile. still paying insurance, its like "The Man" makes u pay a note whether u rock tax free cash grips at the car lot or not.

i'm not totally in on this concept of mortgage-as-ownership. The opportunity cost lost in shoveling all that money into a veery slowly appreciating object, with your gains offset also by interest . . . reckon i'll buy my next house cash if i don't get one for free from a dead person or fan inside of 5 years or so. You know, from someone who finished paying off their house treadmill 3 years ago and no longer has any animating force left in them. and until then, bitcoin is going to 125k relatively soon. within a year pretty sure. listen, I'm a bitcoin heckler but it's going there just like that Tesla ponzi. so i'm glad i'm not paying $2500/mo to live and convincing myself it's investing. Every dollar of equity in there is dollars you put into kind of a weak investment, y'know. With expenses like that I'd have no love to give and I'd be bbbroke too, I retired at 29 my income is limited I need big returns not some +60% gain over 25 years offset by 58% interest premium paid but looks like i made money because of inflation.

so yeah, i'm renting an apartment but we'll see whether he whose laugh lasts laffs last. ps i'm trolling about the bitcoin, it's a lollegory for the whole juiced market which is wayyy better than real estate unless you're a low ambition billionaire looking to never lose their standing or maybe just want to safely leverage your position into a larger meta-objective like gaining first person political power.

edit: whoops I thought you meant your car was $700, lol

Seriously though, fuck a new car. Buy used, buy all at once. Dont have to pay stupid insurance rates for full coverage.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

No debt literally at all and also I'm a handsomillionaire
Old 01-16-2021, 06:57 PM
Banned

Car: paid for
Home: paid off
Land: paid off
College Loan: paid off

My debt includes: utilities, groceries, and smoke lol
Old 01-16-2021, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

I have a positive net worth. I do carry debt on real estate. It's stupid to not at least have a mortgage for most homeowners, but for some it makes sense. CAP rates are too high to not justify leverage on investments in today's market.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a positive net worth. I do carry debt on real estate. It's stupid to not at least have a mortgage for most homeowners, but for some it makes sense. CAP rates are too high to not justify leverage on investments in today's market.
You make it sound like debt can be useful!

Advanced Dadding & Dragons 😛
Closed Thread