Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and fyi we can still pull mobs from one side of the zone to the her with no adds.... this just changes how a few of those pulls are done.
Yes, I know a couple methods there too. They just aren't quite as trivial as DoT/FD/Coth/hide/stand up/get any mob wherever the heck you want. And honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing them nerfed too, although that would considerably reduce my personal income from them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I fully support the idea of a classic server. But there are some things that are just so gamebreaking from a balance standpoint that I think they need to be fixed. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if Brad McQuaid saw an SK COH pull, it would be nerfed the very next patch. Remember, Verant didn't even like FD splitting period, let alone FD split + pull anywhere in the zone.

If it helps you any, I think Enchanter charm is maybe 25% weaker than it was on live, and it should be, because its still pretty OP and before it was just ridiculous.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Kobold

I'm sure you guys are aware of this and are working on a solution, but this is what it's looking like in Sol A right now. The goblin tried to attack me 15 times in one round. And this is in between attacks with Sarnak Warhammer (9/20).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg srsly.jpg (102.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Large Bat

This flee speed business is really annoying. Played on Live from Kunark on and dont ever remember them fleeing at SoW speed.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, lets change a classic mechanic!

Also I am sure some enterprising necros will see that this change can lead to some fun soloing adventures - try and nerf something classic = create MORE 'unintended problems' by use of game mechanics... gratz.

and fyi we can still pull mobs from one side of the zone to the other with no adds.... this just changes how a few of those pulls are done.
yup, tmo snagged maestro right in front us and pulled him to zone with no adds - gotta keep up with the joneses
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Last edited by arsenalpow; 04-22-2012 at 03:08 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

I just logged on and its very very very dark. i can only se like 5 feet ahead of me.

p.s. im a Erudit.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Taken in Oasis.
Last edited by Swifty; 04-22-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Aviak

Regarding the recent patch, I see that the dwarven smithing hammer was placed on the merchant and that High quality ore was removed from the merchants, but in the case of the Dwarven merchants... the Merchant that sold the high quality ore was removed... preventing the purchase of any quality of ore.

Also i do not recall the flee speed of the mobs being at sow speed as it appears to be set now. This with the addition of green agro is going to make many areas of the game unplayable.

If this was done to prevent some type of VP exploit, perhaps these changes can be made on a zone level and not world level?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Orc

nice..haha
Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Best example of amazing flee run & uber haste mob is Mistmoore.
Please come on Dev & Admin ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Flee is broken they are running like sow speed. I can't even catch up to them. Can't lvl in a dungeon with out a snare atm.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone, guise, LR, rubicite etc. stop dropping or are nerfed. Etc.
Doing this before actually getting server population up means that Red is now completely doomed.
Closed Thread