Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Powerlevelers turning up in popular zones to grind when there's already few mobs to kill (Unrest/MM/CoM/etc). Not worth their time, and ruining everyone else's time as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man you hit that shit right on the head. This shit makes me RAGE. I can't even tell you how many jackasses I have made realize how fucking ridiculous and stupid they are for trying to PL in MM and Unrest. What kind of shit fuck of a person goes to packed zones to power level? I mean fucking seriously, go to runnyeye or some shit you prick.

Bah, just responding to this has me fired up about it.

Another thing that really grinds my gears is when people send me 5000+ tells while I am grouped with them about fucking buffs. Usually in that scenario I am the main healer or tank so my mana is pretty tied up with keeping everyone alive so when I have to buff some idiot that won't shut up it fucks everything up.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 12-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is me. I'll give you my reasoning:

1) If I WTB and you message me something that is above 20% the latest wiki price, I'm not going to even respond. You are aware of the wiki (if you're selling something with high value) and you're trying to get people to overpay. Go kill yourself.

2) If I WTS and i don't put a price on the auction it's because it's a highly available item. By this I mean common. I am a Jewelcrafter everytime I play on a new EQ server, and the market has the potential for awesome returns and is very easy to trash. If I have a platinum ruby veil and so do 3 others, and we have a 'price war' publically, it becomes very easy for the 350p price tag to fall to 320 to 300 to 275 to 250 (which I believe is the 'base cost - (100+132)*1.05. You would be AMAZED at the audacity of people when trying to buy these items from you. Rather than try and explain it to you, I might just tell you to screw off.

The power in ANY transaction goes to the person who speaks last. Whoever says the first price is the one who has to negotiate while the other gives up nothing.
so you get mad when people try to get the best deal they can when either buying or selling? if you're going to try and take the advantage by speaking last then it is natural for someone to low- or high-ball you at first. that's how negotiation works.

also, depending on the wiki for a price range for an item is a hallmark of a bad player. EC prices change monthly, weekly, daily, and hourly, and wiki doesn't update frequently or at all for certain auctions.

and telling (potentially newbie) players to screw off for trying to get a deal? that's just sad
Old 12-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you get mad when people try to get the best deal they can when either buying or selling? if you're going to try and take the advantage by speaking last then it is natural for someone to low- or high-ball you at first. that's how negotiation works.

also, depending on the wiki for a price range for an item is a hallmark of a bad player. EC prices change monthly, weekly, daily, and hourly, and wiki doesn't update frequently or at all for certain auctions.

and telling (potentially newbie) players to screw off for trying to get a deal? that's just sad
I kinda agree with this guy. The price war shit is annoying but happens so I can deal with that. Some one will buy it. As for the wiki prices, anything more than 30% is just fucking ludicrous. Mainly I say this because it's only the ass holes that do this. The ass holes being these players with the items for sale because you know they have been around for a cool ass minute and they are just being greedy fucks. Take a cut of profit sometime and help out a player.

Another thing I guess thats a peeve of mine, is when I try to trade one item for one other item, usually mine being higher value (like, 30-40%) with plat being offered as well, and who ever I asked says this..

"No thanks, I don't want another item to have to get rid of."

Listen you fucking tard, you aren't selling 'another' item. You are literally holding your 'same' item, except it just gained value so more plat for you and I just gave you plat as extra incentive, AND you helped out a fellow player. All the while your trading never gets interrupted. Why you ask? Because no one bought your item before so why not stand to make a little more plat and be a good citizen.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 12-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Fire Giant

Skittlez is angry today.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skittlez is angry today.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 12-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because your "more valuable" item may be harder to sell
i agree.

i have gotten stuck with an oggok cleaver and a staff of the dreaded gaze before, thinking i was making 2-3k extra on each by accepting them as a trade for a "less valuable" item i had. considering the time it took to sell them (i consider my time worth about 3k/hour), and the estimated time needed to sell my original items, i likely ended up with a significant loss.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda agree with this guy. The price war shit is annoying but happens so I can deal with that. Some one will buy it. As for the wiki prices, anything more than 30% is just fucking ludicrous. Mainly I say this because it's only the ass holes that do this. The ass holes being these players with the items for sale because you know they have been around for a cool ass minute and they are just being greedy fucks. Take a cut of profit sometime and help out a player.

Another thing I guess thats a peeve of mine, is when I try to trade one item for one other item, usually mine being higher value (like, 30-40%) with plat being offered as well, and who ever I asked says this..

"No thanks, I don't want another item to have to get rid of."

Listen you fucking tard, you aren't selling 'another' item. You are literally holding your 'same' item, except it just gained value so more plat for you and I just gave you plat as extra incentive, AND you helped out a fellow player. All the while your trading never gets interrupted. Why you ask? Because no one bought your item before so why not stand to make a little more plat and be a good citizen.
Nice story, but every single time that someone has offered to trade an item for my item, theirs has been worth less. Some people think that they're on an episode of Barter Kings.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

MQ'ers with epics blocking people that need their epics from getting them (names covered as its nothing personal, but an irritating situation).

This is from today in Kaladim...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Priority should be given IMO, but if someone else is there first... that's that, right?
Old 12-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lazy Monks that won't or whine-about pulling. Even if you 'dont know the area', its time to fucking learn.
I mean, to the lazy monks out there: You do realize that if you aren't pulling theres about 5-7 other classes that can do your job right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

people that get mad when i give their skele pet a leg chopper.