Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryujee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know, i know...am crying like got sand in my butt-crack, but i honestly feel that removing our ability to solo while keeping the xp penalty is just plain wrong.
You can easily solo, its matter of being able to solo efficiently. When was the last time you saw a shadowknight, a paladin, or a ranger solo as well as a mage or druid? Bards have always been a grouping class. The people you are trying to group with are not very familiar with the game if they're turning down a bard because "you have nothing to offer them", your benefit to the group is not measured by how much damage you do, but how much damage you add to your party's damage, or how much utility you add to the group.

In short please keep your posts like this to RnF, instead of imposing your opinions of what you think your class should be instead of trashing a reputable bug thread on bards with opinions instead of actual bugs.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryujee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

mind you, i have bought or looted gear way beyond my level, dark blues still kick my butt in a stand up fight...instruments or melee weapons. meanwhile, other classes that are readily welcome into groups can also solo more efficiently than a bard.

coincidentally, every bard i have talked to tells me the same thing, "once you can charm kite that all changes". i am sure that is entirely true, but we're talking lvl 28 before that is even a possibility, i have trudged through 18 levels in about the same time it took me to level my monk AND warrior to the same level...combined.

i know, i know...am crying like got sand in my butt-crack, but i honestly feel that removing our ability to solo while keeping the xp penalty is just plain wrong. bear in mind, all it takes is 1 caster or a mob with a stun effect (lava basilisks in LS for example) to turn a swarm kite into suicide.
The first part shouldn't be true in most cases (unless you're level 50 battling a level 49 or something ridiculous like that). Ur doin' it wrong.

The second part is curiously also not true. You can't really charm kite that well as a Bard, it's more of an effective CC spell than it is an efficient soloing technique.

The third part is nonsense. Obviously you don't aoe kite casters or mobs with a stun proc or whatever. You don't aoe kite ghouls because they will root you if you screw up. By you can still aoe kite large numbers of other mobs - there's a post on the forums where someone shows a screenshot of his Bard after aoe kiting over 20 mobs. I spent several levels aoe kiting the spectres tower in oasis - how many classes do you know that can take all four of those spectres at once? Only a few. Go search Cribanox's post about aoe kiting on project 1999, and he will tell you how to do it without getting hit. Maybe it's not the same as it used to be on live, but it's fun and challenging and I'm not complaining.

~Bard of 50 seasons~
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

No mez push

No classic mana song (was a patch message about it but still working with icon for 3 ticks)

Not being immune to mana drain

--------------------

Those would be my 3 big issues right now (09/22/2010).

Cheers!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No classic mana song (was a patch message about it but still working with icon for 3 ticks)
Its functioning as described in Haynar's post, it gives mana as a pulse and not per tick, and multiple bards can give pulses at the same time in the same group every two seconds. The only bugged portion is that the icon still comes up and lasts for 3 ticks.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

In classic, there was no bard song window. All our buffs went into the main slot of buffs. It allowed for players fighting dispell mobs to regain buffs fast. Similar to insta clickies. I kinda like the song buff window ::shrug:: but insta buffs are nice too!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeroyoyort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, there was no bard song window. All our buffs went into the main slot of buffs. It allowed for players fighting dispell mobs to regain buffs fast. Similar to insta clickies. I kinda like the song buff window ::shrug:: but insta buffs are nice too!
I don't get what this means. How did it help players regain buffs quickly?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Kobold

The bard songs were an easy way to fill the upper most buff spots to absorb dispels, so a real buff could be casted on the player while he was still looting with little worry about waiting for the player to put junk buffs in place first.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bard songs were an easy way to fill the upper most buff spots to absorb dispels, so a real buff could be casted on the player while he was still looting with little worry about waiting for the player to put junk buffs in place first.
Oh. I didn't realize dispell had a limit on the number of buffs that were dispelled, mainly because I don't think I've ever been on the receiving end of a dispell.

That sounds neat.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 09-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Bump for bard Issues.

Bard mana issue was resolved last patch right? Its still showing as un-resolved.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Sorry, I just got back from the good ol' USA to Japan. All updates will be done tonight JPN time. I'll make sure I get everything I can find on here.

<333 you guys!