Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in the day on Tunare it was always NBG. But prices were different there I guess. The best items cost no more than 10k (unless someone was desperate), and only the uber-duper rare items cost more than 20k. Hell, I remember Lammies being 3k and Fungi being 10k. I'm betting those prices will be multiplied x10 until Velious.
When the were relevant, the prices of those items on Tunare were a lot higher than that.

Pro NBG all the way. Really I'm surprised how many people here are pro greed. I haven't been in one group on this server that did greed that I can think of, but then I haven't grouped a lot in Guk. Who groups in Guk anyways lol (at the top $ camps at least)? Every camp of significance is done by one player or maybe 2-3 friends tops it seems where NBG / greed would be less of a server policy and more of how the friends want to do it.

I think its cool to get upgrades for people you group with. If I'm playing a melee and a RBG drops off a krup in Seb, group does greed and the cleric wins it and sticks it on their level 10 iksar... yeah, F that. Cause that's what would happen. The cleric would not sell it for spells lol so don't even try to peddle that.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

NBG, I feel like a selfish ass when I go pure G.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Kobold

I've been in groups that work both ways on this server.

I've also seen people on this server who have need rolled for an item just to sell it in EC a few hours later.

As someone said, 1 fungi tunic can buy a lot of caster shit. I'm pro greed, and it eliminates the bullshit element.

Sometimes we'd do it like this on live. Everyone, regardless of class, is eligible to roll on items such as the Fungi Tunic, but in order to be eligible to roll a person has to have been in the group for a minimum amount of time.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

BTW...I'm not opposed to Greed, but I could also see letting the people who would primarily benefit from the loot an edge.

FBSS/Fungi
Cleric - /rand 1 1000
Monk - /rand 300 1000

etc. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kolored on Red.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Aviak

Need before greed was put into place because we are not all dicks that only look out for ourselves. The first time you get into a group and an item drops for you that is a huge upgrade you will be like "OOOo sweet glade its not greed over need!" You would bitch a fit if you were a warrior and a druid took a plate item from you....

Welcome to being considerate of other players......Go back to WoW if u want to roll on items that u don't need or can use.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Kobold

Always NBG...whether it's friends or total strangers.

It's not all about the plat, there's huge enjoyment in seeing people get an upgrade, and it might be you getting that upgrade.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Let me ask this again since no one really addressed it:
let's take the fungi tunic example, how do you bring yourself to ask random strangers to help you get one of if not the most expensive and useful items in the game when they have no chance of getting anything useful or valuable?

do you expect total strangers to go to a camp that has nothing for them just to get you gear? sounds pretty selfish to me.
Last edited by soup; 02-11-2011 at 07:31 PM..
Old 02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

I never got very high in live EQ, though I played it a lot, so my main experience of rolling for loot was in WoW, where it's need before greed by default. Of course, it also makes more sense in WoW, since most of the unique dungeon loot there binds upon pickup. So you don't have the question of whether to sell the item later most of the time.

Coming from this mentality, I've been in favor of need before greed here. However, there are good points against it. I think ultimately I'd go need before greed on loot less than 1kpp, and greed on loot more than 1kpp. The fungi tunic arguments are good - that the casters wouldn't have reason to go to the camp, or that they would be able to buy themselves spells and whatnot. With friends or guildies I think I'd still go need before greed, even with expensive loot.

Also, I've never heard of people rolling need and then selling the item on EC. I guess it's gotta happen, but I don't think it's the epidemic people are making it out to be.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkskog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been in groups that work both ways on this server.

I've also seen people on this server who have need rolled for an item just to sell it in EC a few hours later.

As someone said, 1 fungi tunic can buy a lot of caster shit. I'm pro greed, and it eliminates the bullshit element.

Sometimes we'd do it like this on live. Everyone, regardless of class, is eligible to roll on items such as the Fungi Tunic, but in order to be eligible to roll a person has to have been in the group for a minimum amount of time.
Nothing like a replacement coming into an established fungi/crypt PUG and being there for 5 minutes and winning the roll on a tunic/cloak to then turn around and say "oops I forgot I need to go do X" and peace out.

A few times in crypt NBG PUGs you would have a hiero cloak drop, someone would say I need it, win it, then be back the next day without one saying they need it again.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing like a replacement coming into an established fungi/crypt PUG and being there for 5 minutes and winning the roll on a tunic/cloak to then turn around and say "oops I forgot I need to go do X" and peace out.

A few times in crypt NBG PUGs you would have a hiero cloak drop, someone would say I need it, win it, then be back the next day without one saying they need it again.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This also brings up the fact that NBG doesn't get rid of greed, since people can (and do) claim need just to get an item to sell it. Letting everyone roll makes it fair.
Closed Thread